A dream finally come true!

427Swede

I have had my eyes open for a machine that have been tickling my mind ever since I first started working on mechanical stuff.

So far I have been lucky enough to get hold of a lathe, a large drilling machine and a few machines for working on sheet metal but this specific piece of machinery has been hard to get hold of.

Anyway today was the big day! To get the machine home to my place I had to hire a big truck, a Scania V8, 580hp, 16 litres.

A view from the cockpit:bounce:

1877521fabc2b49c4.jpg

The machine loaded. It´s a Swedish SAJO 52 with 2 axis system for the milling head. It is fully electric with a max speed of 1850rpm.
It is from 1970 but in absolute mint condition:yahoo:
It weighs around 3000lb so it is quite heavy and sturdy.

1877521fabc2ef71d.jpg

I will be able to mill just about anything on this macine!
The small drill head that is assembled to it can be exchanged to what ever typ of tool you want.
I also got a full pallet of tools included in the deal:thumbs:

1877521fabc396941.jpg

:bounce: Stuff like that puts a GRIN on my face, what you got planned to make with it??? or still dreaming.....jet aircraft???

:smash::smash::rofl:

:bounce: Stuff like that puts a GRIN on my face, what you got planned to make with it??? or still dreaming.....jet aircraft???

:smash::smash::rofl:

My plan is to mill a 427 block out of a large aluminum piece!

Na, just kidding:)

I have no specific plan at the moment, It was a deal impossible to say no to.

My wife was extremely skeptic when I first told here about this. However, she has more or less given up on trying to educate me so when I showed up today with it on the truck she just laughed.. I really love that woman!

Looks nice and tidy, is it your home hobby shop? if so, serious hobby huh?
Nice machine, what kind of power wil this monster need to run?

And how about a tour of your shop?
Sorry you got me curious LOL

Last edited:
Dang! Looks like a Bridgeport on steroids! How many horse? How big is the spindle? Looks like you got a rotary table with it too?

You can never have enough tools :D

Looks great, there's more than plenty of projects you can start with this thing ......

:waxer::yahoo::yahoo:

It has twin 4kW motors and 2 smaller for the table feed. Yes, there is also a rotary table and a large fixture clamp, do not know the correct word for it?
The spindle is a size 40 taper. Large enough to mill a complete head with one large cutter.
The workshop is mine and I use it on my free time just for fun. I'm really excited to get the mill up and running!

Last edited:
I still get jealous when I see old iron that isn't going to my shop. It doesn't look like it has been worked hard neither. You did good.

I still get jealous when I see old iron that isn't going to my shop. It doesn't look like it has been worked hard neither. You did good.

Thanks! It was a guy that used to machine parts for the company I work for that I bought the mill from. He retired and offered the machine to me. It has not been used much and it is in great condition!

Not too shabby Thanx, I get a lot done in there but that Soja? mill looks one hundred times nicer than my old 1965 Bridgeport. That looks to be a seriously sturdy machine and looks as if it could mill a BBC out of alloy!

Yes, it's a dyno in development, no useful data yet.

But this is your thread! Let's see some more pics of that awesome lathe in the background;-))