Schematic of mechanical Delco-Remy voltage regulator?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Guys, I'm looking for a generic schematic of the C1/C2 mechanical voltage regulators. I've been striking out on the web so far. I'll be working on an antique equipped with Delco-Remy parts when I go visit relatives later this summer, and I need to do some debugging on the generator/regulator circuit (w/positive ground). I've designed bunches of IC regulators over the years, and given a clean sheet of paper, I think I could probably design a comparable mechanical relay equivalent, but for now I'm just looking for a generic schematic of the regulators used in Chevrolets for years.

Thanks for any help!

Seems like people in the NCRS world could answer this. Particularly the NCRS Restorer magazine. I'd really think that they've had an article about repairing mechanical voltage regulators.

In today's world, regulating voltage with a mechanical system seems very unusual, even though that's the way they did it then.

:shocking: Sorry I have no schematic, but the thing is SO simple inside, you can dope it out in a second, really......I remember playing with the last one maybe 20?+ years ago....mainly the relay contacts burn up they used to be a fairly common parts house item.....back when T/Rex roamed free...:beer::p

course if he don't mind, a simple jumper setup can be installed and a SI type alt can be installed easy...plug in, basically...

:beer:

:shocking: Sorry I have no schematic, but the thing is SO simple inside, you can dope it out in a second, really......I remember playing with the last one maybe 20?+ years ago....mainly the relay contacts burn up they used to be a fairly common parts house item.....back when T/Rex roamed free...:beer::p

course if he don't mind, a simple jumper setup can be installed and a SI type alt can be installed easy...plug in, basically...

It's on an antique John Deere tractor. My dad had several old JD tractors that he used mostly at old tractor jamborees and parades. Since he passed away, it's now up to his son to keep them running for the family gatherings at these jamborees. I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve when it comes to 60 and 70 year old tractor mechanicals.

It's on an antique John Deere tractor. My dad had several old JD tractors that he used mostly at old tractor jamborees and parades. Since he passed away, it's now up to his son to keep them running for the family gatherings at these jamborees. I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve when it comes to 60 and 70 year old tractor mechanicals.

:bump: Many a trip to county fairs in like Pennsylvania and even Maryland, the old tractor buffs show up, with all sorts of shit, like steam powered, etc...a flea market here in Waldo of rt 301 has some on display out front....

I remember the kids having fun looking at all that shit running, laughed our asses off....fun times....

closest thing I ever drove to that was a early 60's garden tractor that I would slam in gear pretty good on the driveway at dad's place.....do wheel stands one time it almost tossed my ass.....learned to back off on that shit.....:hissyfit::thumbs:

...I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve when it comes to 60 and 70 year old tractor mechanicals.
Have you tried your local Harley Davidson shop? :lol::lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :eek:

Part of me is really laughing, and part of me just got insulted. (I designed the ECMs in most of the EFI Harleys for the last decade.)

But I do appreciate your humor. :amused:

Mike, is that good enough? Do you need the earlier two coil as well?

Mike, is that good enough? Do you need the earlier two coil as well?

:shocking: I went back and read Mikes OP....and he did say Generator.....

but the first alts used a relay external reg too.....he did say 60's machinery....

so maybe to find one for a '70 Lemans??

it had that old weak alt with the reg blades like [] on the connector, and the 4 wire relay reg on the firewall.....

that is easy to jump for the SI, referred to above....

:shocking::beer:

...I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve when it comes to 60 and 70 year old tractor mechanicals.

Part of me is really laughing, and part of me just got insulted. (I designed the ECMs in most of the EFI Harleys for the last decade.)

Doh! :eek:

Of course, I meant Harleys older than 11 years or so...

Doh! :eek:

Of course, I meant Harleys older than 11 years or so...

Nice recovery. :rofl: