FS:Guldstrand bump steer kit

redvetracr

For Sale: Guldstrand bump steer kit w/tie rods & ends all in like new, bolt on condition...$125+shipping

Guld_01.jpg

Guld_02.jpg

I'm marginally interested -- Building a Rack and Pinion - and just trying to figure out if the Ball joints give any help or make for to much "slop." Certainly has some offset - could be an advantage to the install - and I've been on the google - but no clues.
Any ideas - pro - or con for that application might push me "over"-- Honesty is the best policy!

Cheers - Jim

Surprised no one jumped on this.
Not to hijack the thread but TT are you familiar with these? I have a set on my car and they do work - but, now my sleeves [I have tubular sleeves as well] contact my lower control arm limiting my turn radius. Weird. The car aligns fine and steers good - the bumps steer is now much less pronounced. I called Dick [Guldstrand], he hadn't seen this before, but it's hard to fix stuff over the phone. I am changing my frame right now and it's back on wheels now so thats the first thing I checked, still contacting the control arms both sides the same. Lower control arms and steering arms look good but the problem must be in there.

I remember doing my rack conversion, one of the harder things to work out was those tie rods hitting the A arms, that and getting the rack positioned just so to keep the number of U joints down to just two of them....

In fact I switched headers to clear the rack input shaft.....

I used the stock tie rod ends because they are same as every car maker uses, so I figger I"m NOT going to switch to any other type joint, the stock ones work well enough and were brand new, still tight as new for that matter....

My oil pan was rather rounded on the front bottom, and so I just hit it with a 2x4 and hammer to flatten it about 1/4 inch or so, so the bellows didn't hit/drag...

it took two tries on the driver's side mount to get it working, my mounts look nothing like anything commercial made, this was all done before they came out.....:smash::thumbs:

The Guldstrand kit above would be great, in conjunction with a Borgeson Jeep box conversion....that is what I would have done had it been around....

Last edited:
Surprised no one jumped on this.
Not to hijack the thread but TT are you familiar with these? I have a set on my car and they do work - but, now my sleeves [I have tubular sleeves as well] contact my lower control arm limiting my turn radius. Weird. The car aligns fine and steers good - the bumps steer is now much less pronounced. I called Dick [Guldstrand], he hadn't seen this before, but it's hard to fix stuff over the phone. I am changing my frame right now and it's back on wheels now so thats the first thing I checked, still contacting the control arms both sides the same. Lower control arms and steering arms look good but the problem must be in there.

You don't have them upside down do you?