Brake Booster Check/ Upgrade?

enkeivette

Brakes have always been stiff in my C3, but they feel really stiff right now... Like manual brake stiff. Not sure if they've always been like that.

No visible vacuum leaks. But then again, my motor makes about as much vacuum as a diesel. Haha.

So I did the pump up the brake pedal test, and turned the motor on while pressing on it. It moves down incrementally. Like, 1/2 an inch.

So... is it working? Working poorly?

And if I do have to replace it, stock booster with a C5 master and a wildwood adjustable proportioning valve the way to go? Nothing better than a stock booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEELLLOOOOOO hello hello... HEEELLLLLLLOOOOO!!!! hello hello hello...

Vettemod turn into a ghost town? What happened?

Get a vacuum pump, that will take care of it, however with a procharger there's no need to not have any vacuum at all. Are you venting the charge air at idle?

Get a vacuum pump, that will take care of it, however with a procharger there's no need to not have any vacuum at all. Are you venting the charge air at idle?

The issue is with my pulley setup there is just no room for a power steering pump.

I don't even know if my low vacuum is the issue. I have a reserve can. It's been a few years since I've driven the car for more than 2 miles. I don't remember how stiff the pedal was.

And yes, there is a blow off valve that opens with even just a few inches of vacuum. I think I'm at 5-7 at idle.