One day.... It will be a race car!

I've been wanting to add the rod ends for those linkages. Good job on that.

Yes, it is much better than the original bodged system in place that I try to improve and still looking way average ! This and a gear-stick bracket who is not flexing anymore, I should be the only one to blame to miss a gear change.
Now I am working on the rear diff, finding that the so called race ready diff by the P.O is far from even doing the pre grid !! Why to spend big money on a new GM ring and pinion and using old bolts for the ring, new posi case and using a worn gear shaft and the rest ? I will post some pictures !

I have started on the diff.

Fitted the bearing caps, one in steel from Tom's.
thum_3934592bedfaad599.jpg

And on the posi casing.
thum_3934592bedfae19a6.jpg

Should be OK now.
thum_3934592bedfb1e447.jpg

Waiting for parts coming from Gary, and I should have a not too bad rear end.

Following the drama of the diff and waiting for GTR1999 to solve my problems, I am amusing myself ( To copy a well known member! ) with fitting a spacer on the front wheel bearings , reducing front discs run out and starting to check the front bump steer.
thum_39345965f0f25b8f4.jpg

And the body should come back from the paint shop really soon. :yahoo:

This kind of spacer allow you to adjust the play in your bearings in a more accurate way with a shim ( in my case ) instead of doing it with the castle nut . In a similar way used for the rear wheel bearing.

As the free play is reduced to a minimum, and in a more solid fashion , it will reduce the knock back of the brake pads and should reduce the pumping movement of the brake caliper pistons ( lip seal air intake ).

This is more for track use than street, however ?

Brake calipers ready to see some action, well I hope at the end of the year.
thum_39345971ca13077a9.jpgthum_39345971ca136b8b2.jpg
I should start on the front caliper reinforcing brackets as well. uhmmm!!

are they "standard castings " with extra holes drilled or something $pecially made ?

This was the point that I mentioned to the PO when presented with the brakes !
Well! I do have some faxes between him and Guldstrand himself, explaining how to do it (with drawings ) and receipts for sets of brake pads already modified in the USA. So... Go figures !!:confused:
But yeah ?? The rigidity's gone then ??
The good point is the calipers have more modern square seals and pistons in them now. Again, nothing wrong with a good set of J56.

You can still buy the j56 pads, prices range from low to high.

Duntov still machines castings like that, and have pads. They leave the center brace for extra rigidity.

Yes RTJ, you are right about the extra rigidity of the caliper, but the pads have lost some. But again, apparently the calipers are flexing more than the pads!
I don't know, I have no experience with those brakes.
Maybe Redvetracr will share his experience.:friends: !!

I thought that I could show you a pic or two of my new painted body. You will recognize right away the particular racers that inspired me!

thum_393459a3ee4f9b866.jpgthum_393459a3ee4fe5f7c.jpgthum_393459a3ee503bcf6.jpg

Looks great! Makes me want to get back working on cars.

Need a name change to Ozblue69. Just kidding, nice paint.