Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Chassis, Steering and Suspension

Old 02-16-2015, 11:14 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhil View Post
I can't go look at mine right now to see, but wouldn't it be possible to mount some aftermarket rubber snubbers on the frame in a fashion similar to the stock ones? I wouldn't think the impact force would be as hard in unloading as it is in compression over a bump, so the tubular arms would be able to handle that. I would think. Straps & chains seem pretty crude. Simple and effective yes, but crude.....

These a-arms are on my list but several places down right now.
The real advantage of limiter straps comes with the use of coil-overs. You can limit the travel when you jack the car so the coil-over spring does not drop out of place, but you can undo the strap and let the coil-over completely unload if you want to remove it or the shock. With snubbers, it is a lot harder to get the shock out.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:42 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev'C3 View Post
I notice that the sway bar is not connected. wouldn't the sway bar help limit some of the travel if not all? And where on the control arms does the frame hit?
Those sway bar bushings took a beating as it was with stock a arms. Plus the brackets are fairly light weight.

Lots of drag cars use cable/strap limiters, so it's pretty common.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:44 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette427sbc View Post
Lower shock mounts were lowered on the control arm, so the shock limits travel. Poor mans version of a shorter body shock to give me more travel at my ride height
Good idea.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

I think 69427 has all aluminum front control arms, at least lower control arms. He' the forum weight loss guy.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:44 PM
United States | n00b

My Photos: (2)
Default QA1 ball joints

Hi everyone I hope all are well and having fun working on or driving their Vettes. Has anyone used QA1 ball joints on their C2-C3s and if so what part# did you use. I have SPC control arms and thought these ball joints would be good to use because you can change the studs length if you choose too. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Or if you a good ball joint to use with these control arms, preferably with a longer stud!