Hmmmm...(clear throat) hello from newbie

Imo Apita

Hello distinguished members,

New member here....
Proud owner of a stock budget-buy '79 C3 with about 101 things wrong with it so I'll be on this forum often.
Got referred here from another Corvette forum.
Looking forward to your wisdom and advise.
Not a total wrenching rookie, I managed to rebuild a 472 Cadillac motor and it still runs (not very well) in 1972 Coupe Deville.
More luck then skill on that rebuild.
Unfortunately somewhat limited to what I can do under my carport.

Regards,

Imo

I think I remember you from over yonder.....that handle kinda stick out like a sore dick....

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

I know a few guy who are REAL familiar with Caddy engines....ran a 560? ci engine in his airboat, tons of funny stories about him and that airboat.....

:hissyfit::lol::lol:

Thank y'all.
Imo Apita stands for : In My Opinion A Pain In The @ss
Well, that's what people used to call me anyways.

Just uploaded pics to my album :thumbs:
Stock L-48 with a home made exhaust.
Cut off everything after the crossmember and finaggled on a side exhaust.
Custom grind cam, as in it custom ground itself so I'll be looking at some work soon.

Custom grind cam, as in it custom ground itself so I'll be looking at some work soon.

OH shit, simply wonderful....:gurney: Lots of that stuff going around these days, some say it's the oil, some say it's soft cams....some chemical is not in the oil these daze because of some stupid EPA crap, so it seems.....

:gurney:

say it's the oil, some say it's soft cams....some chemical is not in the oil these daze because of some stupid EPA crap, so it seems..

Well, when I bought the car it kinda ran like a wet paper bag but I had the 'Vette fever and I figured the guy selling it knew way less about motors and cars then me so I went ahead and bought it.
Maybe he knew more about it then me after all.
Thanks for all the welcome and my questions will be coming, watch the engine forum.

:bounce:

The exhaust reminds me of a 67 Camaro I had back in the day. Headers going into Thrush shorties and then pipes out the side right in front of the rear wheels. My brother worked second shift at a factory and I worked third. He could always hear when I drove in; even above all the factory noise!

say it's the oil, some say it's soft cams....some chemical is not in the oil these daze because of some stupid EPA crap, so it seems..

Well, when I bought the car it kinda ran like a wet paper bag but I had the 'Vette fever and I figured the guy selling it knew way less about motors and cars then me so I went ahead and bought it.
Maybe he knew more about it then me after all.
Thanks for all the welcome and my questions will be coming, watch the engine forum.

:bounce:

Cool Avatar there IMO....what IS it?? got some more shots?? is it your plane??

:huh:

is it your plane??
I wish, no its a Beechcraft Starship here's some info;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Starship

Currently maybe two flying in the USA, all others (51) have been taken back and shredded. That plane was far ahead of it's time.
If it were mine I'd be driving a 750Hp twin turbo C3 :lol:

Anyways currently have three plans:

1.) Somewhere down the line:
Build a car and motor to drive 200+ mph on the salt and get me and the wifey in the 200mph club

2.)A little bit more realistic:
Build a 383 or a 427 for the C3
Paint, interior fix everything and smoke the tires everywhere I go.

3.) Even more realistic and hopefully sooner:
The cam is grinding it's own lobes right now.
Not good. Could probably do it but would take me three weeks so that has to be done by a shop.
Since it doesn't take any extra money to put something new on vs. old I figured some budget heads a cam and a new intake with a rebuild q-jet
But money is tight and the house needs some fixing too.
Can't go spending $2000 on my little toy if the house is falling apart.
Am trying to sell a '72 Cadillac but all I get on the phone are idiots.
Last nutcase sounded like he had dropped his phone down a bong dialing the number. Idiot....