thermostat

Belgian1979vette

I have bought an air heater which is normally used for heating a garage or commercial space with a central heating system. I want to use it to cool the engine when it is on the dyno i'm building. I would need a thermostat the switch it on at a certain temp and to switch it off again at some lower temp. This is however not a unit like used on a car, since it needs to operate on 220 V. Does anyone know which types, marques could be used ? Preferably something that is worldwide available since I do not want to ship something like this overseas.

Thanks

Yves

Most of the oven thermostats used in GAS ranges have a ~3' long copper capillary tube, and on the switch end, you can find a adjustment set screw on the lever, that will establish the range it turns on/off at....if you fiddle with one of them, you can use it to control a contactor/relay or just hit one side of the 220vac....Europe, your normal voltage is twice ours, so the switch would run off the 220 hot leg.....

I THINK the hysteresis is like 20f on them....but check your system out on that one, surely they not ALL identical....

:cool: