Wiring 101

I sent Da' Bird a copy of Boeing Standard Wiring Practices- You need to fix a wire, it's in there.

I sent Da' Bird a copy of Boeing Standard Wiring Practices- You need to fix a wire, it's in there.
Is it safe to assume that it doesn't say: strip an inch of insulation off each end to be joined, twist the two ends together and wrap the new joint tightly with 12 feet of insulation tape?

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that it doesn't say: strip an inch of insulation off each end to be joined, twist the two ends together and wrap the new joint tightly with 12 feet of insulation tape?

:shocking::shocking::rofl:

First laugh of the day, thanks .....:beer::1st:

Boy, do I remember finding stereo hook ups like that as a kid.:suicide:
It does bring up a good point though. Basic rule of thumb, ANY splice should be TWICE the wire diameter.:thumbs:

Boy, do I remember finding stereo hook ups like that as a kid.:suicide:
It does bring up a good point though. Basic rule of thumb, ANY splice should be TWICE the wire diameter.:thumbs:

Hey hey hey, beats the alligator clips on my garage door wiring....

:surrender: