LED Bubble style C3 tail lights

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I will be the first to admit that this is not a very high tech or difficult modification. I installed a set of new LED bubble lens style tail lights in place of my old bubble style lenses. The difference in brightness is amazing. The old lamps were really weak and the new LED's are almost too bright to look at. If Bubble style lenses are your thing (for C3's) I recommend these.

100_1884_zps391ad79f.jpg

100_1885_zps90f7f9b8.jpg

100_1886_zps821be760.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling the pictures do not do them justice. Even so, DO WANT.
Hard to take pic of a direct source light accurately.

The light pattern is very similar to what I got with my led taillight prototype #2
hipowerled4.jpg

The pattern was cool, but I ruled them out in this state.
Bubble covers were designed for one unique central source light.
With the led scattered all over the area, at certain angles the cover stop diffusing the light and rather concentrate it in one point, generating blinding flashes. Maybe my LED are too powerfull.

DV8, do you know if the kit you installed is SAE certified?

I have a feeling the pictures do not do them justice. Even so, DO WANT.
Hard to take pic of a direct source light accurately.

The light pattern is very similar to what I got with my led taillight prototype #2
hipowerled4.jpg

The pattern was cool, but I ruled them out in this state.
Bubble covers were designed for one unique central source light.
With the led scattered all over the area, at certain angles the cover stop diffusing the light and rather concentrate it in one point, generating blinding flashes. Maybe my LED are too powerfull.

DV8, do you know if the kit you installed is SAE certified?

SAE IST DOT 08 is found on the exterior of the lens. Looks kinda official to me.

SAE IST DOT 08 is found on the exterior of the lens. Looks kinda official to me.
It's all good then.
I'm wondering what kind of led they used, but if the kit is the one I think it is then the taillights are glue-sealed, right?
If not, whenever you happen to open them, take a close up pic of the assembly.
Beyond the cool factor, low current requirement and life expectancy, what I really like about led it the response time. When it come to brake light, every millisecond counts.