No place like home

I have to agree with you Bird - that's a gorgeous Vette Sadistic. My 14 year old son just saw the pic and thought it was "awesome". Did you ever post any pics of under the hood?

Here is a pic of how it looks now. This is not a great pic and I will probably change a few things by the time I am finished under the hood. It looks better in person than it does in this pic.

DeronandVettepics3003.jpg

Last edited:
I've got to ask-- how tall is the hood? I've got like nothing with the hood I have and the air cleaner. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to do a cut-n-paste thing to get more height or just get a new hood.

I never measured it but it is significantly higher than a stock L88 hood. I can even put in a taller air filter than the one that is on there now. Since your car has flares, it would look good. Without flares, I think the hood would be a bit too much.

...so the 76 went--not enough room in the interior for Sex.
Ha! I'm married!! Hehehe wife came home early from work one day and busted me. The cars on jacks, half the engine bay's in the spare room and it popped into my brain to see if my double bass would fit in the Vette - how cool would that be to show up at a gig, in a Vette then drag out my doghouse!?!?! So I have the seat folded and the T tops off and I hear "what the fuck are you doing?" - busted. Felt like a right wanker...

In case you're wondering, you can get a full size double bass into a 1982 Corvette :twitch: