200r4 trans leaking

Haggisbash

My 70 vette is fitted with a 200r4 trans and I have just noticed that the rear seal seems to be leaking. Is it possible to replace this seal without pulling the trans? Also, I read somewhere that the seal is the same as fitted to a TH350 does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!

I know the yoke fits between 200/350, so the inner diameter of the seal has to be the same, but I dunno about case size maybe measure them to see???

Thanks, yes I will get it up on stands and have a look. I'm tempted to put it in the shop for this job as it will be a lot easier up on a hoist. Last time and first time ever I put the car in a shop they turned it into a fill in job and I didn't get it back for 3 months:-(.

Thanks, yes I will get it up on stands and have a look. I'm tempted to put it in the shop for this job as it will be a lot easier up on a hoist. Last time and first time ever I put the car in a shop they turned it into a fill in job and I didn't get it back for 3 months:-(.

I started working on my own cars when learning to drive, actually way before that, when some hotrodders moved into my burb....'49 Ford, baby blue, full moon brushed hubcaps, dual antennas on rear fenders, mud flaps, louvered, lowered, chopped, channeled.....not long after that another guy got a mid ~36 Coupe, and I helped him work on it....almost 60 years now....

:twitch::eek:

no idea if it is the same seal as on a 350.... try AutoZone or Rockauto, pick a car with a TH350 and one with a 200R4... see what seals they list....
Anyway, often enough it's the rough surface of the yoke causing the rubber seal to get cut and leak..... pull the yoke and inspect the surface quality before you just install a new seal and have it get chewed up again....