Old Craftsman Table Saw

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
I just got an old Craftsman, made in USA, cast iron table, 10" table saw (in pieces).

Everything is there except the motor and pulleys. So, does anyone know the rotation speed of a 10" table saw blade? The manual is no help.

Took a quick look at my 500 lb. Busy Bee table saw. It is a 3 hp 220V 3 pulley unit which is larger than yours but I believe the specs are generally the same. The pulleys appear to be the same size engine to blade shaft and replacement tablesaw engines online are 3450rpm. (Couldn't get my head upside down to see mine.) Before I went to full time cabinetry, I had the same saw you have. For your model I had a 1-1/2 hp which covered most situations. Having a really sharp carbide blade and a true 90° fence exactly parallel to the blade makes all the difference for heavy cutting.

Looks like the speed is 3450 because both pulleys are the same PN. Now I just need to find a motor and whatever parts are missing.

Years ago, my cabinet maker up north needed a hand changing the motor on his saw, man what a bitch of a job...3 belts, heavy as hell, broke our asses getting that SOB out/in there.....I forget the name on the table itself, but he had a Bessemeyer rip fence,

One time a couple of contractor partners came by after a few beers, got to messing around with a 3/4 4x8 ply.....The saw sat maybe 10' from the overhead door, to save material handling efforts....well the plywood got shot outta the saw at such speed, it went clean through the metal overhead door, and into the side of their pickup outside.....dumb mother effers.....lucky they not dead.....:gurney::evil: