@@@:::!!!!:-( interior mirror fell off

Belgian1979vette

.... damn. New windscreen. Apparently some Chinese imitation. Had lots of issues getting it to fit my mouldings because the screen was a lot thinner than the original (which was delaminating btw). Anyway got that problem solved a while back.

Yesterday the frikkin interior mirror fell off. The metal tab just let go. The Chinese cannot even use good glue it seems. Worst of all it fell right on my shifter and the glass broke.

Tried to remove it, which was a nightmare. Anyway. This is some special type of glass which is tapered.

For those who ever have to replace a mirror because of it getting broken, or the silver getting spots this is a great lady to deal with : Joyce Borrel : http://www.mirrorladypa.com/

Just ordered a new replacement with new mirror glass. You can even sent in your Original if you want.

Has nothing to do with China. From what I've read, all replacement C3 windshields are thinner than the originals.

The glass used in the pop-out rear windows is a bizarre thickness that's no longer manufactured. Finding one of those was fun.

Has nothing to do with China. From what I've read, all replacement C3 windshields are thinner than the originals.

The glass used in the pop-out rear windows is a bizarre thickness that's no longer manufactured. Finding one of those was fun.

Sure, but these cars come with mouldings all around the windshield. Ever try fitting a window that is about 4 mm thinner that way. Lots, lots, lots of that damn black glue to get it on the correct height and what a mess.

Most good professional installers use urethane spacers. You still have to put a lot of glue in there, but it's not the only thing holding the windshield up until it dries.