parting out that 75.

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
decided to part out the 75 i picked up last week. i have a thread over in CF too so this will be kind of tricky. here's what i have:
o.k. so not surprisingly the guy has bailed on me so i'm parting out this '75 L-48/auto.
here's how i'm doing this. everything i list will have pricing, but since i don't know what's truly fair, i'll still do "OBO". however, not to step on toes the OBO only applies to something nobody claims at my list price. in other words, if i have a widget you need for yours and i'm asking $20 but you're only willing to pay $10. if nobody else wants it at $20 and i can take $10, then it's yours. easy, no?
first person to call "i want ____" has dibs.
prices do not include shipping. count on all mechanical parts needing a thorough inspection/rebuild.
now, what's NOT available:
engine
transmission
rear bumper
hood (maybe)
driver door handle
despite being complete most of the interior soft parts are not salvagable. a couple are so if there's something in particular you need (soft parts), let me know and i'll give you a best description of condition.
what is available:
gas tank--$25
pumpkin (auto trans car) w/crossmember--$250
T/A's--$100/ea or both $150
stock struts and bracket--$40
stock rear anti sway bar w/hardware (7/16"?)--$40
halfshafts--$20/both
driveshaft--$20
both doors--$100ea or both for $150 (pass door needs to be patched where mirror bolts, holes stripped)
door glass w/hardware (power windows) $25/ea or both for $40
rear glass--$25 (providing i can remove it without F-ing it up)
t-bar chrome--$20
groovy "moon roofs"--$200/pr (*needs weatherstripping* but otherwise, fair condition)
rocker mouldings--$20/pr
auto trans crossmember--$40
tilt/tele steering column w/cruise control--$75
stock speedo, showing 75k miles--$40
stock tach--$40
center console w/gauges--$50
gas lid w/emblem--$20
groovy headlight assemblies--$80
brake calipers, all four--$50
cruise control diapragm and cable--$20
power steering pump--$20
power steering ram--$20
steering box--$25
radiator support--$40
front anti sway bar (7/8"?)--$40
wiper motor and hardware--$20
front a-arms and spindles--$40 each or both for $60
front side markers--$10/pr
rear side markers--$10/pr
seats--$30/ea or $50/both (need to be recovered)
AC condensor--$10
front "crash bar" thingy--$25
there's still bunches of other small stuff available. let me know what you're looking for and i'll see if i have it and condition.
the frame and shell are available as well. this is a west coast car so there's very little (surface) rust on it. the frame looks completely straight with no signs of damage. the birdcage has some rust in the a-pillar area that appears to be mostly surface or just a little more but nothing even close to "through the metal". if you want the frame and shell--$200.
a couple things have already been spoken for. i will update as often as i can.

Okay, I got dibs on the moon roofs :)

Is the wiper motor the one with the mech pump?

Do you have a vent ball knob? (the black plastic part)

Do you have the rear compartment doors/frame? The interior is tan right??

Okay, I got dibs on the moon roofs :)

Is the wiper motor the one with the mech pump?

Do you have a vent ball knob? (the black plastic part)

Do you have the rear compartment doors/frame? The interior is tan right??
i have you down for the moon roofs even though a poster over in CF claimed them first (he's a n00b).
the mechanical pump? 'splain please.
not sure what vent ball knob you're talking about. i'll look at the interior tomorrow and see if i can identify.
sort of. more of a gold color really. they may be salvageable. i'll try getting them out and taking a pic tomorrow. don't know about these though. there are these handles mounted to them i don't believe is factory for a second. looks like some kind of kitchen drawer pull.

I want:

radiator support--$40

Where are you located?

i have you down for the moon roofs even though a poster over in CF claimed them first (he's a n00b).
the mechanical pump? 'splain please.
not sure what vent ball knob you're talking about. i'll look at the interior tomorrow and see if i can identify.
sort of. more of a gold color really. they may be salvageable. i'll try getting them out and taking a pic tomorrow. don't know about these though. there are these handles mounted to them i don't believe is factory for a second. looks like some kind of kitchen drawer pull.

The vent knob is the knob that screws on the ball vent lever, sorta looks like a door lock knob

The wiper motor, I was talking about the washer pump, does it have the mechanical pump incorporated into the wiper motor??

Í'll certainly take the tops, we just need to figure out shipping, I can pay with paypal or even MO if need be. How can someone have beat me to them? Marck and I asked about them in the thread where you were asking what to do with the 75????

I want:

radiator support--$40

Where are you located?

Clutchdust lives in L.V.,Nev.

v-twin, i'll look tomorrow-ish.
I want:

radiator support--$40

Where are you located?

steering column is already spoken for. everything else is yours.

Where is this located? I am interested in the frame and shell IF it is within driving distance to pick up.

Thanks
Phil

sorry, phil. probably not worth the time for you. unless you just really want to drive half way across the country.
remember, what gets parted out in vegas, stays in vegas! :lol:

Are the brake calippers stainless sleeved ? You should be able to tell by a rust free "ring" around the dust seal.
If they are sleeved and if we can ship these in four flat rate boxes I'll take them. Flat rate box limit is 20lbs per box as far as I know - how much does one calipper weigh ? Could two ship in one box ?
If they're sleeved and it comes to under $100 for the four calippers shipped I'll take them.

I have a O-ring kit sitting on the shelf and I'd rather install that kit in these and keep my '79 driveable while I rebuild the calippers....

sorry, phil. probably not worth the time for you. unless you just really want to drive half way across the country.
remember, what gets parted out in vegas, stays in vegas! :lol:

Yea that is a bit far and if I were in Vegas I would have 0 cash left to buy anything. :goodevil:

I have not been to Vegas in a while and was just looking a few days ago at package prices right now. Might make another trip to your fine city after the first of the year.

what about the brake calippers ??
RVR has dibs on them.

WHAT ABOUT A PASSENGER DOOR SIDE MIRROR "cHROME" ??
i have it. the mirror is cracked but the chrome is o.k.
now, just so everybody's on the same page, noticed that the size of the pass. mirror is slightly different than the driver mirror. i had no idea until i took them off but sitting side by side the pass. mirror is slightly taller and narrower than the driver mirror. i have a pic if you'd like to see it. (the driver mirror is spoken for).

Is that $150 for both T/As complete with bearing housing or just the bare arms ? If it's complete I'll take them depending on shipping, maybe these can be shipped Greyhound freight ???