88-92 f-body serpentine parts for sale

that alternator is the one off my gray 88. I did a quick switcheroo. The one w/ the label was new but it must have chinese bearings as I can hear them screaming LOL
Since I was using that car I swapped alts installed new bearings and then put it in the 82.

This is the one you see w/ the label:

24c6bb9d499542.jpg

Good eye that you saw the alt was changed ;) The changing of the alt is the reason why I noticed it was flexing when I pulled on the tensioner

that alternator is the one off my gray 88. I did a quick switcheroo. The one w/ the label was new but it must have chinese bearings as I can hear them screaming LOL
Since I was using that car I swapped alts installed new bearings and then put it in the 82.

This is the one you see w/ the label:

24c6bb9d499542.jpg

Good eye that you saw the alt was changed ;) The changing of the alt is the reason why I noticed it was flexing when I pulled on the tensioner

Now you have your answer. Your alternator the problem and your handywork the culprit bubba hahahaha ...... Use to put a easy 300 miles a week on that trans am before you bought it so theres no way it could have lasted like that ....

LOL, I only removed the alt, not the aluminum bracket ;) it was flexing when I took the old alternator off ;)