any of you need a c4 starter motor? 35.00

JeffP1167

Believe it is for a 53 tooth flywheel, this supposedly came from a 1989 that I got in a package deal.

No came from a parted out 89. Doesn't look like a conventional chevy starter.

1989starter.jpg

I hook jumper cables from my 90 to this starter and grounded the case to negative and positive to the battery cable post on the starter and then used a screw driver to connect the solenoid to the jumper cable and the gear jumped out and started spinning.

So this is a good starter.

I'm using that starter in both my '84 and my '69. If that thing is in good shape, $35 is a very good deal for someone.

If someone doesn't buy it, drop me a PM. That price is worth having a spare on the shelf.

I'll take it it'll be great to replace the crappy one in the TA that works only half of the time

I will need a new blue wire cover on it cause some of the at wire is exposed ... I also let this starter run for a easy 45 seconds and it did just fine.

I'll take it it'll be great to replace the crappy one in the TA that works only half of the time

I thought u got it working perfectly! did it start acting up on you like I described?

Yes, it's working a lot better but every now and then it still spins the gear but won't pull the lever. I think it's internal. There's a copper contact washer/contact ring that's probably causing it. I flipped it but it's still giving me fits. Since the car is on the backburner I haven't bought a new starter yet.

And the mini starter will give more room for headers and what not.

The wire is easily fixed, shrink wrap will do the trick.

I thought u got it working perfectly! did it start acting up on you like I described?

Yes, it's working a lot better but every now and then it still spins the gear but won't pull the lever. I think it's internal. There's a copper contact washer/contact ring that's probably causing it. I flipped it but it's still giving me fits. Since the car is on the backburner I haven't bought a new starter yet.

And the mini starter will give more room for headers and what not.

The wire is easily fixed, shrink wrap will do the trick.

Told you joop should have had a new starter sent with the car hahahaha I am going to pick a part in two weeks let me know if you need shit and I can bulk package it all for you

Last edited:
I don't know the origin of the starter that is on the trans am. It worked great for like 2 years and then started doing what it is doing. If I could have found one of these reduction starters for cheap that would have went on the car lol .... Even used on ebay these are going for like 70 bucks.

I need tons of crap.

1 cruise cable for 3rd gen camaro
1 hood release cable firebird or camaro
3rd gen horn (the rear one)
left indicator/dtrl/parking light or whatever you call it for your old TA
wiper stalks for cruise cars?? need 3 of them. A 87 88 and one for a 90 (your old TA has a 90 column right?)
Black Console lid for early bird
Dashpad early bird
Switch panel without switches
The Z shaped metal arm that bolts to the wiper motor and engages the wiper relay rods
connector for 87 wiper motor
hood release cable retainer clip (clip that fastens it to release arm)
Door lock set for the TA and a drivers side door handle
If you see a camaro w/ a lockable rear cargo hatch, I need the little plastic bracket/striker that bolts to the rear sheet metal. It's different from the early TA one, without it the lock won't engage.
3rd gen Seat belts buckles. Front & rears. Med dk gray. (more like a dove gray)
Unmolested vinyl cargo roll shade.
Hood & hatch struts (new ones are $$$$$$$$$ and I already bought 6 and need more :( )
86 Monte Carlo rear wing, not cracked
86 Monte Carlo drivers side vent (next to gauge cluster) + duct
86 monte carlo door pull strap covers

83 stepside door pull covers

Mats mats and more mats. GM logo/oem mats for 3rd gen or monte carlo. Especially the fronts. i have a couple of rears. need black and dove gray fronts for 3rd gen and maroon/burgundy fronts for monte carlo.

I think that's about it.

some of that stuff is not available new.

Parts availability here is 0 nil nada zero zilch....I buy everything in the US. I'm boosting your economy on a daily basis. Funds from me to US, never the other way around

some of that stuff is not available new.

Parts availability here is 0 nil nada zero zilch....I buy everything in the US. I'm boosting your economy on a daily basis. Funds from me to US, never the other way around

I will see what I can come up with for you. Those cruise switches are mostly trashed, the cruise cable is specific engine/year/induction ... I used to have NOS early f-bird console lids but kind find them right now. A dash pad is a mighty tall order, that was 82-84 only and shipping they get trashed hard. The hood and hatch struts are pretty cheap at autozone for new ones.

I have a similar starter on my maro:

24bafb2e521605.jpg

Interesting, in that I suppose that is a factory roller 350 engine, and the '89 truck block roller engine block I have is a staggered bolt pattern on the mount, and so I have a similar 'mini' starter in there too.....on the Clamper project the engine is a old iron head monster, with staggered bolt pattern too, and a heavy huge starter....

so the obvious question...anyone know WHY the different mounting patterns??

:hissyfit:

the hood and hatch struts from ACDelco are expensive from rockauto

The GM wiper stalks are expensive too

The cruise stuff is for an 88 camaro setup, but it's the same as 87, 89 and 90

Gene, the staggered starters are for the larger truck flexplates/flywheels.

the hood and hatch struts from ACDelco are expensive from rockauto

The GM wiper stalks are expensive too

The cruise stuff is for an 88 camaro setup, but it's the same as 87, 89 and 90

Gene, the staggered starters are for the larger truck flexplates/flywheels.
the cruise cable differences were tpi/tbi/carb They moved the vacuum servo as well throughout the years. Think I paid about 35 for hood struts and like 70 for the hatch,

the stalks are cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

oh, all TPI cars here. Forgot to add that :)

The vac servo was on the fender on later firebirds but since there's a supercharger in the way I converted to the front mount camaro one, that's why I need a camaro cable.

The original stalks are about 70 bucks or so last I checked. That one is a china POS most likely, I won't buy that

I'm talking about these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f01ccc2a4