1971 Buick Skylark Custom Convertible

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
Last edited:
That's a nice ride. Sure sucks to have to move it because your seperation. Good luck with the sale, wish I had the money for it.

I accepted the fact that I am going to have to sell the house and take a loss on it. Funny, but I am relieved that I am not selling the car. My goal now is to put as much time and distance between me and the crazy menopausal bitch as I can, everything else will work itself out.

I accepted the fact that I am going to have to sell the house and take a loss on it. Funny, but I am relieved that I am not selling the car. My goal now is to put as much time and distance between me and the crazy menopausal bitch as I can, everything else will work itself out.

:clobbered::cussing::loveletter::tomato::rain::banned:

My New Attitude

I did a little number crunching last week regarding trying to keep my house and it just doesn't make sense to fight for it. Here's the deal.... My mortgage is about $1500.00 a month, $700.00 of that is property taxes, leaving $800.00 for principal & interest. If you multiply the $800.00 by 360 you get $288,000.00 in principal & interest payments over a 30 yr. mortgage. Now if I sell the house and take what equity I get from it and buy a more modest home, preferably a duplex, for cash, I will have no mortgage payment plus some small monthly income from the rental of one side of the duplex while I live in the other side. No mortgage, just property taxes and living expenses plus an income producing property.... why didn't I think of this before? Suddenly life looks a lot better - and more affordable than it did a few weeks ago. :zzz: I sleep better now too.

DV8, been there done that, I recommend a place in some college town, so you can rent easy.....smaller town the better, build your own garage...

I used to own one of those in Shippensburg Pennsy....years ago....

it paid off nice, and if not for the weather, I would have moved into the one duplex and continued to rent the other side which was remodeled into a up/down apt setup....so about 50% rent increase for the amount of space provided....college kids....

After the divorce from kid's mom, I used to rent the basement apt I made off a power room bath, chopped in a shower and a kitchen on the backside/common plumbing wall....

HERE in Florida I cut in a room addition, and rented it with the MBR/BA as a basic apt......

in your private home, no one has to know if that is a rental or NOT, EFF the .gov over it....need to play it cool with ALL of them....

back 20 years ago the town of Shippenburg Pa. didn't care what, and so if not for my health/arthritis I should have moved in there and just existed for ten years....thought about it, but personal discomfort made me move south into the financial disaster....

:clobbered::club: