C3 flaired bodywork question.

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Gotta question that's been bouncing around in my head. I'm curious what an additional 1 1/2 inch width per side in the rear would look like if it was done by cutting and moving (outward) the whole fender, rather than adding flares to the wheel opening. Something that wouldn't be obvious, in a sort of C4 ZR1 fashion. Anybody seen this done on a C3?

Just curious. (I'd like to get the C5 trackwidth but with a "stock" look.)

Did widebody years ago, but that is way too much.

If I'm reading you correctly, I think it would I would prefer it over flairs.
Good idea.
The biggest problem would be the leg at the rear door jamb. It's only a couple inches wide and to have it blend athestically there would be tricky, but doable. Might have to get into the door to have it look right.
There is plenty of room to transition back to the original rear panel and at the top.
The top of the fender would be tricky too, due to the original construction, but doable.

A Porsche Turbo 944 comes to mind, but the top fender line isn't correct for a vette. It would have to become the extention of the original vette quarter panel. Can't tell too much by the pic, but in real life the rears are at least a couple inches out.
The gradual bow out from front to back Looks ideal.

0311_02z+1986_porsche_944_turbo_coupe+rear_right.jpg

Mike, I really can't attest to the way they left GM, but the flares on my '72 look more like that on a '82 true I have the 'mudflap' design, but I noted that some years ago when seeing a true OEM '72 here in the driveway...

I have 9.5w x 17 C4 wheels with same centerline and not problem with rubbing, but my car is not lowered...YET....maybe this winter when I get to that suspension overhaul....tied up with Jed's Clamper now....

:eek::smash:

Race team was disbanded after a team member drowned in the Tsunami from a couple of years ago. looks Like they took off the gallery.

No fear...I stored some pics:

24ace656f0138b.jpg

TT, do you have anymore pics/info on that car? i love what they did with the rear fenders, doors and top... i want to do something simular to my car..