Dry sump oiling - vacuum limits

Belgian1979vette

I have a question regarding the use of a dry sump oiling system.

How much vacuum is possible with these pumps and there is to much vacuum what kind of problems with oiling of cilinders and wrist pins is to be expected ?

I'll wager that this question will get more mileage on Speedtalk.

My system is averaging zero on vacuum as it still pressurises on the high RPM end. 8000 or so. Good vacuum at the lower RPM ranges but I've never measured it.

One of the guys here, Kevin, and I played around with a air pump on our engines years ago....using it to suck the fumes from the crank case and I forget what he did with the pump fume exhaust, but mine stunk to high heaven in the garage even from a little bit of running....so I disconnected mine, and just let it vent to above the throttle blades....

I forget what happened with his....

I never did get my pipes man to give me a hose fitting for any lines into the exhaust.....

:gurney::drink:

I'll wager that this question will get more mileage on Speedtalk.

My system is averaging zero on vacuum as it still pressurises on the high RPM end. 8000 or so. Good vacuum at the lower RPM ranges but I've never measured it.

Already did that, but how should i put it : people that i don't want to know what I get to know, are reading the threads there also.