1971 Skylark Convertible

Almost done

Well, she's almost done. I just got her back from the upholstery shop, they put the new top on.
100_0855.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0856.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0857.jpg
[/IMG]

That car is twin to my neighbors'.....gimme your addy I need get up there and steal that mofo and go on a CRUISE......

top down and flyin'......YEH BUDDY!!!!

:devil::devil::thumbs::smash:

That car is twin to my neighbors'.....gimme your addy I need get up there and steal that mofo and go on a CRUISE......

top down and flyin'......YEH BUDDY!!!!

:devil::devil::thumbs::smash:

Uh, er, well...... try
Sewer Seven
Pipe Eleven
Garbage Can Drive, NJ

I don't want my car stolen!

Thanks Gene!

Thanks for the compliments gang!
I just finished a total suspension and steering rebuild, only to find out that the tires that came with the car are NFG. Below 50 mph all is fine, at highway speeds it shakes and vibrates. The Cragars are all new, the tires have to go, they are old. I am so-ooo close to having this finished and now I need to come up with more $$$$ for tires:rain:
Wait - it gets worse!
Going down a local street 3 days ago and a big dump truck is coming the other way - rocks a flying - of course one sails my way and chips the sweet paint on the hood......:tomato:
Shit happens!
Gotta keep telling myself - almost there, almost there....

Thanks for the compliments gang!
I just finished a total suspension and steering rebuild, only to find out that the tires that came with the car are NFG. Below 50 mph all is fine, at highway speeds it shakes and vibrates. The Cragars are all new, the tires have to go, they are old. I am so-ooo close to having this finished and now I need to come up with more $$$$ for tires:rain:
Wait - it gets worse!
Going down a local street 3 days ago and a big dump truck is coming the other way - rocks a flying - of course one sails my way and chips the sweet paint on the hood......:tomato:
Shit happens!
Gotta keep telling myself - almost there, almost there....

1/2 a century of driving, BTDT, and it hurts the same even today....

and like after the second date.....almost there, almost there......

:rofl::rofl::amazed::quote::smash:

Anyone want to do a photoshop/chop for us and put 18's on her?:photo:
Easy peasy mate but do you want those same rims (bigger) or do you have something else in mind?

I have no preference, ask Marck, it was his suggestion. I did not want to offend, but I do not care for the "Donk" look, I am good with old school 15" tires, as long as they are not skinny as wagon wheels. I thought it would be fun to photochop some 18's or 22's on there though....:cool:

To boot just last? weekend my neighbor had a set of FOUR nice wheels/tires off a pickup...I think a Ford, but being aftermarket...maybe any truck....

18'+ and decent tires from what I glanced.....

100 bux for all 4 as I recall.....but I fairly sure they sold now....

talk about a economic collapse,...that it....

:bonkers:

Gotta love ebay & craigslist....

The interior in my 71 Skylark is all wrong, it is from a 95 Monte Carlo. It would have been allright but the back seat interfered with the convertible top once I had the frame restored, I needed a stock convertible back seat.
100_0327.jpg
[/IMG]

Searching ebay I found this back seat from a Chevelle convertible and won it for $104.00, it was recently reupholstered.
I also won the arm rests with the ash trays and convertible piston covers for $118.00 (I over paid). So for under $250.00 the back seat is restored.

Out with the old....
100_0892.jpg
[/IMG]

And in with the new!
100_0894.jpg
[/IMG]

Next, I scored a pair of Strato bucket seats from a 69 GTO on craigslist for $200.00 and a new full set of seat covers for a Chevelle convertible for $140.00 on ebay. I'll buy some new seat foam buns and restore these babies next!
100_0880.jpg
[/IMG]

Where did it interfere with the top??

I dunno man, for that Monte interior, I wooda modified the seat/top/something or other to keep them....

IMO they are MUCH better looking....known they fit, I would have looked them up for my '70 Lemans when I had it.....

:drink:

I would have kept the Monte interior but the back seat was too tall and too wide. I talked to the local upholstery shop about cutting the seat down to make it work but it was co$t prohibitive. I almost went that route until I saw the Chevelle 'vert seat on ebay.

I am considering cannabilizing the 6 way power seat mechanism from the Monte drivers seat and grafting it into the Strato bucket. Has anyone else tried this yet?