67 Meat Locker

Geoff Coenen

watch
AC TIP

You can hang meat in my 1967 Coupe, the AC is that good. The leaky ducts & boxes permitted cool air to escape behind the dash prior to when I restored the climate system. Many improvements were added to ensure the air was cooled & blew forcefully out the LH, RH & center vents. All were sealed to insure air only blew out the vents. This is still an R12 system. Fact: this same AC system cooled a full size Chevy station wagon & will blow you away in a Corvette – if restored. The evaporators are the same size.

DSC04801.1.jpg

On a hot humid summer day, my dog Sam jumped in & did not want to get out. You can see the frost on the rear widow.
Following is a video that illustrates that not all things with same name are the same – or even close.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1c0jUS8TzA[/ame]

PS most who have slow & low air flow have an evaporator core clogged with bugs, leaves, seeds, pollen, twigs, organic debris, detritus.

I will definitely do this when I get around to rebuilding my A/C system. I don't care for the way the ducting is done on the aftermarket kits. Mine is a late 77, so I have a standard orifice tube and cycling switch arrangement with a pretty decent control head, so I think with a more efficient condenser, Sanden compressor, and sealed up ductwork, I could turn mine into a meat locker too using a mostly factory system. Thanks for the heads up.