Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Classic Corvettes

Old 09-14-2020, 04:09 PM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (336)

I was able to get this (sort of) working. The last thing I had to do was prop the plates fully open in the throttlebody and put a stop on the cable. It was next to impossible to do this on my back with my head stuffed into the foot well. While in that position, I had to thread a stop/lock collar onto the cable, put tension on the cable with one hand, hold the lock collar with my second hand and tighten the set screw with my third hand.

I ended up with about 85% throttle when floored. The fix for this is going to be adding a spacer under the pedal as suggested above. This will give me the opportunity to correct a weird alignment issue with the location of the cable where it comes through the firewall and the location of the cable where it threads through the pedal rod. It looks like the rod is about 3/8" too long so the cable "bends" to align with the hole in the firewall. Not sure why because the pedal assembly is the same that was installed on the car when new. And so is the hole in the firewall. Oh well, when I put the spacer in, I will correct this alignment issue.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:54 PM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

My Photos: (3)

I'm going to have to take a look at that alignment issue you noted, and kick around the spacer install that rtj mentioned.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:19 PM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (336)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69427 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBShark View Post
I'm guessing the idea behind the gas pedal being closer to the floor (than the brake pedal) is to keep you from accidentally stomping both pedals in a panic stop? I think I can get 2" of cable travel if the pedal is about 1/2" below the brake pedal.

A bit off topic, but when you get there, I'm interested in what you've got planned for the air supply routing to the throttle body.

I'm not really sure. I think I can get a rectangular filter in front of the throttlebody that takes air from between the top of the radiator and the underside of the hood. My guess is I can get a 120 sq/in flat filter in there. I'll need to nail this down soon because tuning is next on the list.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:40 PM
United States | The Artist formerly known as Turbo84

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBShark View Post

I'm not really sure. I think I can get a rectangular filter in front of the throttlebody that takes air from between the top of the radiator and the underside of the hood. My guess is I can get a 120 sq/in flat filter in there. I'll need to nail this down soon because tuning is next on the list.
I'm anxious to see what you come up with. I've been striking out trying to come up with a decent front air source so far, and I'm not above stealing other people's ideas.