What technique should I start with?

Bullshark

Ok, this section needs a jump start, so here goes.
Where do you think I should start my restoration on this one?

scan0009.jpg

:surrender:

Bullshark

Ok, this section needs a jump start, so here goes.
Where do you think I should start my restoration on this one?

scan0009.jpg

:surrender:

Bullshark

It all depends on value. When I was 21, up at Bill Harrahs place, I saw a Duesenburg 'chassis" that went thru a fire just like that one. It sold, in 1976, for $100,000. One man's trash is another man's treasure.;)

It all depends on value. When I was 21, up at Bill Harrahs place, I saw a Duesenburg 'chassis" that went thru a fire just like that one. It sold, in 1976, for $100,000. One man's trash is another man's treasure.;)

I hear you Bird, Right now it's remains are stored in a half dozen barrels in my garage. :eek: My wife still gives me chit about my treasure after 30+ years.

Bullshark

I don't know, but I still have a clear title, vin tags, motor, transmission, and six barrels of parts. Maybe there is still hope. :stirpot:

Here she was when we first got it.

scan0001%20(Large).jpg

Bullshark

Last edited:
Just tell your wife it takes less space to store it. :cry:

Maybe after 30 years it's time to get started- find a good frame and get busy.

Just tell your wife it takes less space to store it. :cry:

Maybe after 30 years it's time to get started- find a good frame and get busy.

Hell ya. What a great thread. The "Phoenix" project.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hell ya. What a great thread. The "Phoenix" project.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yeh..... VetteMod's Project Phoenix....... I like the sound of that. Wonder what it would look like when were done? :amazed:

We could all participate in the development, solicit donations and sell it to the highest bidder at one of our annual VetteMod " Tech Week" conventions.
:skeptic:
There I go again, thinkin out of the box :flash:

Bullshark

Well start with the .559 gas in the background!

I'm going to guess that's circa 1977-78? Is that a 70 swinger, 70 Nova SS and 72 vega?

Maybe there is still hope.
Bullshark

there's always hope.... :D:D

You still have that car ??

Take it apart.... I'm sure the frame isn't burnt.... love those wheels btw, Ansen sprint or what are they called ??? I wish I could find them in 10x17.... American Racing sells 8X17 but that's it.... nothing wider...

Don't you just hate those wimpy sizes? I too want those wheels under my truck and I have 14x10 on the back now w/ 1" spacers to fill out the wheel well. I want 17x12 :)

Same for those nice billet specialties wheels that are on the cheap @ summit....they too are just too darn narrow.

Well start with the .559 gas in the background!

I'm going to guess that's circa 1977-78? Is that a 70 swinger, 70 Nova SS and 72 vega?

Gary, It's hard for me to remember exactly. but I am thinking it was 74-75 or so. I had my new 74 Buick Regal parked in the background. I think you nailed those cars. :thumbs: wish I had that Nova SS. 55cent /gal......ahh the good old days:bounce: That's me standing behind the car with the sport coat and beetle hair cut in the original pic.:eek:

scan0001.jpg

there's always hope.... :D:D

You still have that car ??

Take it apart.... I'm sure the frame isn't burnt.... love those wheels btw, Ansen sprint or what are they called ??? I wish I could find them in 10x17.... American Racing sells 8X17 but that's it.... nothing wider...

No, the car is long gone. It never caught fire, it was launched upside down in a creek. Like I was saying, nothing but a bunch of parts stored in the garage. I do still have those wheels though. Most of you guys know from previous posts that the car was my brothers. He bought the Blue Angel 69 vert shortly after the accident replacing its stock wheels with these and replacing the ones that didn't survive. The engine and tranny are also in the Blue Angel vette.
If I started a project like this, I would probably have to locate a frame/birdcage and start from scratch. Know anyone with a 69 without a title?.......Guessing that would not be legal though. :suicide:

Last edited: