New 2011 Trans Am

Got that smile in front that I like on a car, but it's a more evil smile....:devil::shocking:

??????:shocking:

I thought that Pontiac was DEAD. Discontinued, gone the way of the Desoto, Hudson, Nash and so many others.....
Did someone change their minds?

??????:shocking:

I thought that Pontiac was DEAD. Discontinued, gone the way of the Desoto, Hudson, Nash and so many others.....
Did someone change their minds?

Yeh, I noticed that too, I suspect they going to bring it back for the T/Am and make it a model in the Chebby lineup....sans the badge??

:shocking:

I think all these new cars look great from GM and Mopar and are true muscle at it's finest for today.....BUT...... For me, it's not me. I prefer old school. I need the squeaks and other quirks. To much refinement just ruins the experience for me and plus something that I acquire already done is just no fun. On the other hand I would not say no to one either...what a dilemma...choices choices!!

c-ya
ToddG:bonkers:

I think all these new cars look great from GM and Mopar and are true muscle at it's finest for today.....BUT...... For me, it's not me. I prefer old school. I need the squeaks and other quirks. To much refinement just ruins the experience for me and plus something that I acquire already done is just no fun. On the other hand I would not say no to one either...what a dilemma...choices choices!!

c-ya
ToddG:bonkers:

Even when having a few bux some years ago, I never considered buying a new car, for just the same reasons....no fun, rather tinker with it....

and tinkering with a NEW car gets horrendously expensive....which ruins my junkyard creativity....

:crutches::D

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13293

no-subject.jpg

transam_2010_2.jpg
attachment.jpg

I am not saying that it is not cool, but it would be incredibly stupid for GM to come out with the Trans Am. There is no reason to try and market two very similar cars built on the same platform.

I had heard there were legal issues with the Trans-am name. I don't know if this is just wishful thinking or someone has figured out that really is a market for these. The Camaro sold more than Buick and Cadillac did with the entire line a couple months ago. I owned a 67 Firebird and an 85 TA. I'll stick with the Vettes. Someday I will growup and trade my C3 for a C6.