Corvette independent rear suspensions in '38 Chev coupe

Syd Clarke

Hi, 'newby' here from Canada, and I joined this site because I figured all the 'knowlegeables' about GM Vette IRS, would be here...so..I want to install a GM Corvette IRS under my '38 Chev coupe..and was wondering if people on this site, might have a 'place' for that type of knowledge, as in pixs or info..on this site. Sorry for my lack of 'manners'..if this is the wrong way to approach this topic..but know for sure..if it is the wrong way..right way will clearly be shown to me ==*^)
Cheers
Syd

Hey Syd, welcome to VM!

Lots of technical knowledge on this forum. Feel free to ask anything automotive you want.

FWIW, I've put a C4 suspension under a couple of vehicles ('69 Vette. '51 Chevy pickup). Other than lots of measuring (and measuring, and measuring), cutting, and welding, it's not a big deal.

Welcome to the motley crew Syd....

do a search here, the many hard core engineers have boggled my mind over this suspension stuffs for some years....

click the tabs, all the possible info is there somewhere...complete with PIX....

:bump:

It seems like the multilink bracketry would be easier to deal with than trying to build a big pocket for the trailing arm.

Greetings Syd!

This is a great forum and you'll get heaps of support here. This is also a real friendly site where members don't get banned for helping a brother like this:

I checked,and didn't see you over on the "all IRS Forum." A lot of conversions going on over there, started out all Jag-based, now a good bit of DIY, and "grafting" as you plan. you were looking for a lead - try this on:
http://irsforum.boardhost.com

But, HEY - don't be a stranger here - OK?
:beer:

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:
welcome :hi:

no idea what the stock '38 Ford setup looks like, but when you adapt the C3 trailing arms you'll need a rocksolid attachment point to your chassis..... consider "JohnnyJoints" instead of the front trailing arm bushings :1st:

It seems like the multilink bracketry would be easier to deal with than trying to build a big pocket for the trailing arm.

welcome :hi:

no idea what the stock '38 Ford setup looks like, but when you adapt the C3 trailing arms you'll need a rocksolid attachment point to your chassis..... consider "JohnnyJoints" instead of the front trailing arm bushings :1st:
OP didn't state C3 Corvette independent rear suspension.