American built cars in Sweden.

Know how I know I"m old???

I recognize almost every car in that flick......:shocking:

I have been to Power Big Meet a few times in the past. Probably around 10.000 cars then, now it is around 17.000 US cars... We really love American made iron over here.
In my home town with around ten thousand citizen there will be approximately 1500 US cars during the annual summer meet that is held every year.

You will meet car guys everywhere here and this week at work, I had a visit by a guy that works for a technical certification company ( overseeing some test procedures I was performing) and as we speak he suddenly mentions he has an old Kenworth truck from 1961, totally restored and in perfect condition! He showed me some youtube clips of it and we had a great time talking about cars during the rest of his visit!

Ain't it GREAT when tech heads get together?? just :shocking::beer::photo:

Working on a truck this PM talking of FI of various types, got to talking the history of it, and the Development work for GM that Allied Signal did at their Newport News facility back in the early 70's when electronics became more or less 'compact' and so all the control parameters had to be entered into this analogue computer....all the fuel map tables written by scratch and the op-amps were calibrated to give a certain additive/subtractive and final response as to pulse width of the injectors.....which BTW were about 1.5-2 ohms, not the typical 15? ohms today....So another tech discussion between two tech heads.....:shocking: