HPDE guys post here

My next event will be an hpde

I'm going to put the fuel cell in, make a new seat mount, inboard the shocks for more up travel, front 5/8's studs and get new tires.

The hoosiers I got are complete shit and they are way too big

Edit: 72 RAY runs 25.5x10 fronts and 26.5x9.5 rears. It seems weird to run wider tires in the front

Last edited:
my favorite tracks in Canada are a 1200 mile round trip. Add 2 more tanks of gas for the track day

i'm looking at a $600 gas bill to go have fun for a day. Add hotel. track fees and misc and it looks to be about a grand.

i don't know

my favorite tracks in Canada are a 1200 mile round trip. Add 2 more tanks of gas for the track day

i'm looking at a $600 gas bill to go have fun for a day. Add hotel. track fees and misc and it looks to be about a grand.

i don't know

Ouch :twitch:, my local track is a 70 mile round trip. Last time I used 5 gallons getting there and back + 1.5 tank fulls at the track. My typical track day costs about $400 ($85 for gas, $250 for track fees, and a few $ for misc. stuff like oil, brake fluid, etc.)

However, I'm trying to plan a trip to Road America in Aug that is about 4-5 hours away. That one is going to cost quite a bit more. I would prefer to trailer my car that far, and I'm still looking into my options on that.

I found a event 180 dollars for a day on a 2 mile track

I think It's a lower speed, so it should be a good transition track

Youtube video driving on the track

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QroSvlt0Tu4&feature=related[/ame]

db_Dbradford01.jpg

db_Dbradford21.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody running a Berry Grant or Holley carb. ever experience fuel starvation after several corners? The standard floats are adjusted correctly and the car runs fine on the street and down the straight aways. However, after several consecutive turns my car was experiencing fuel starvation during my last trip to the track and the engine would stumble just slightly (you could hear it more than feal it). Since I only had a 1/2 tank of fuel, I thought it might be the issue so I filled up on gas, but the problem still persisted.

I'm wondering if anyone makes a road race float bowl that are tapered at the ends similar to Holleys circle track floats, which are tapered but only on one side for this exact issue on circle track cars.

I guess the other solutions would be to customize my float bowls (not sure if this is possible), add foam baffles, or increase fuel bowl volume.

Anyone suggestions?

Had fuel under hard braking coming out the rear fuel vent before a turn , caused it to stall until it cleared it out. It felt like fuel starvation. Just something to check.

Well I don't have a pressure gauge on the car at the moment, but it use to read 6 psi (meaasured on dif. carb & inlet hose conf.).

I'm running an Edelbrock's High-Performance Street fuel pump that has 6-valves and flows 110 gph (suppose to support up to 600hp). I'm still using the factory fuel lines also.

Had fuel under hard braking coming out the rear fuel vent before a turn , caused it to stall until it cleared it out. It felt like fuel starvation. Just something to check.

Yeah gkull suggested that might be an issue too. I think its defintely time for some fuel system mods this winter:
  • Connect vent tubes with something and put one center hole at the top.
  • Get a fuel pressure gauge and wire it into my Traqmate to see if I'm keeping good fuel pressure.
  • Thinking about putting those foam baffles in the flow bowls (usually used for drag racing)
  • Gkull also suggest different needle and seats designed for NASCAR. Might not be a bad idea either.