oops

Aero advantage like on their droop-nose Grand Sports

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

First post I see, I have a very old friend of about 1/2 a century now, lives in Crowley, just south of you there....he last of the Mahicans at Miller off the freeway there....:beer::1st:

First post I see, I have a very old friend of about 1/2 a century now, lives in Crowley, just south of you there....he last of the Mahicans at Miller off the freeway there....:beer::1st:

Glad to be here.
We had a very informative thread going about Grand Sports on the Corvette Forum. The content revolved around all five of the original cars, as well as all of the replica's that have been produced to-date. The authenicity of bodywork, chassis, and the ethics of the various manufacturers were all discussed at length. Unfortunately, instead of answering questions about the molds used to produce their cars, Duntov elected to have the moderators lock the thread. Censorship from the lowest levels......

Larry Widmer

Glad to be here.
We had a very informative thread going about Grand Sports on the Corvette Forum. The content revolved around all five of the original cars, as well as all of the replica's that have been produced to-date. The authenicity of bodywork, chassis, and the ethics of the various manufacturers were all discussed at length. Unfortunately, instead of answering questions about the molds used to produce their cars, Duntov elected to have the moderators lock the thread. Censorship from the lowest levels......

Larry Widmer

Sounds about right from what I seen....kiss the sponsor's ass....

rather unlikely to happen here, there ARE no paid sponsors....:stirpot::lol:

Larry is too modest. He started that thread and, over time, it became the most widely read thread in the C1/C2 section of CF. :1st:

It'd be nice to start another one here, no?

Jim

Larry is too modest. He started that thread and, over time, it became the most widely read thread in the C1/C2 section of CF. :1st:

It'd be nice to start another one here, no?

Jim

OH hell yes, i'ts been maybe '67 or so I lost my '60 in a wreck, of course...

another 25 years before I got my '87.....in '92 or so....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::censored:

There are a number of us Grand Sport afficianado's who are now looking for a new home....and I think we just may have found it!
Larry

If you guys come on over here, I going to insist another friend of mine, Larry Hubert, come on over, he still semi active in SCCA just went to the Glen recently, and years ago he was a actual patient of Dr. Dick Thompson, and so as a kid, went to Sebring? here in Florida with the Doc, pushing 1/2 a century ago now....he would be pretty interested in reading anything you all have to say....my old friend is a Mopar fanatic, former prez of the local Mopar club up in Wash DC region....

:beer::shocking:

Like this?
3488d4317e9405.jpg

Odd that this car should appear.

This car, privately owned in southern California, is the one that appears on the Superformance web page, with the implied message that it represents what Superformance reproduces.

It's not.

This car, along with the roadster that also appears on the Superformance page, is from long time replica producer Mid-America Industries in Illinois.

Jim, the :noob:

Like this?
3488d4317e9405.jpg

Odd that this car should appear.

This car, privately owned in southern California, is the one that appears on the Superformance web page, with the implied message that it represents what Superformance reproduces.

It's not.

This car, along with the roadster that also appears on the Superformance page, is from long time replica producer Mid-America Industries in Illinois.

Jim, the :noob:

I'm sure there was a simple mix-up in the pictures posted on the web site. Surely they wouldn't try to deceive anyone............

Mid America reproduces old vette race cars?? new to me.....what next....

:tomato: