zr1 brakes on my 90?

Yes, if they are curved like that they are J55 calipers, onlly those, the grand sport, the camaro 1LE and the bear track 1 caliper have that. The one you circled is a JL9 caliper.

All 13" rotors use the J55 or GS caliper, they are all .5 wider than the JL9 caliper. They won't even fit the .9 rotor without adding a .25 shim on both brake pads and I doubt the abutment bracket centers the caliper properly. Most likely not.

Why not have the guy measure the rotor diameter and width?

Because he is hard to get a hold of. Was just worried they looked much like my standard brakes that he was selling the wrong thing. But if your positive they are 13's I will buy it all.

Is there a significant difference in the back brakes over my stockers?

will this for sure fix the fading issues I had with my friends 1990

Last edited:
They are much better than the JL9 brakes, that's for sure. Most of the fading issues are a combination of pad selection and that horrible thin rotor. The rotor mass is your heat storage buffer. The more mass, the lower the mean running temps and it won't spike as high under hard braking. There are better brakes out there like this but they cost a lot of money:

24bfe48a44a0e0.jpg

24bfe48a51e1dd.jpg

24bfe4af74bb00.jpg

They are much better than the JL9 brakes, that's for sure. Most of the fading issues are a combination of pad selection and that horrible thin rotor. The rotor mass is your heat storage buffer. The more mass, the lower the mean running temps and it won't spike as high under hard braking. There are better brakes out there like this but they cost a lot of money:

24bfe48a44a0e0.jpg

24bfe48a51e1dd.jpg

24bfe4af74bb00.jpg

Just wrap them up and send to me and won't cost me a thing .... Give your donation to get this poor 90 back on the road! :beer:

I will trade them for a nice 72 gran torino manual console car and it has to be a fastback, not the formal roof

Are the J55 abutment brackets worth anything? I amost pitched them the other day.

Hey Jeff, do you still have those 13" calipers and stuff? Do you (or anyone else) have a set of the wide abutment brackets for the 13" brakes???

Are the J55 abutment brackets worth anything? I amost pitched them the other day.

Hey, do you still have them? I'm in dire need of some J55 abutments, turns out the ones I have are off a 12" setup and they have the threaded hole up higher and the ears cut off. I should have checked them against the other 13 inch set I had... crapola!!!

Hey, do you still have them? I'm in dire need of some J55 abutments, turns out the ones I have are off a 12" setup and they have the threaded hole up higher and the ears cut off. I should have checked them against the other 13 inch set I had... crapola!!!

I might sell them and use my 12" brakes on my 82. Haven't really decided yet.

Marck, I think they are around somewhere. Can you tell if they are the right ones from a picture?

12 on left 13 on right ... one other number I found different is on the 12" abutments there is a number K332-072C-5 and other side is K332-072C-6. The 13" abutments are marked K332-073C-5 and K332-073C-6

abutments001.jpg

abutments002.jpg

abutments004.jpg

abutments005.jpg