C4 projector HID's ?

I'm pretty sure volvo was the 1st with headlamp wipers, they had them back in the early 80s.

The xenon ones need a washer, not a wiper, this is done to reduce the glare from dirty lamps disrupting the beam. What does it matter if the US doesn't bother? Not following that one, so if you guys don't have it we don't have to? Weird.

Xenon bulbs don't need a lens like halogens do to get the proper "beam shape", in fact when you put a xenon bulb in a halogen housing the beam gets scattered like the halogen however with the much higher intensity (the beam shape is such that it also directs sideways and up to illuminate road signs) is blinding for oncoming traffic.

Yes, auto level up/down so the lamp is level no matter how much crap you put in the trunk. It used to be mandatory to have a level switch in the car from 93? but nowadays the xenon stuff is auto leveling. The adjustment is done simply by a little linear motor that hooks to where one of the height adjustment screws normally goes. Simple as that.

Some of these newer cars also have cornering adjustment, when you are above a certain speed and turn the wheel the lights turn too...nothing super spectacular.

:hissyfit:

Marck, no offense to you all over there, but I see the end of the auto hobby a coming, .gov inspecting all that gimmick shit on a car over ten years old, parts costing so much any ordinary working stiff is outta his car because he can NOT afford to fix it....all that crap starts failing, and it WILL, it gets silly already...I look at a junkyard car here and see more electronicus crappicus for what end?? I fail to see that beyond engine controls getting more MPG and lockup converters that just how all this brings anything significant to the table....other than keep lawyers happy placating every crybaby.....

turning headlights, shades of Tucker.....I think there was a pix of some Chrysler? doing the same thing in the 40's?...maybe just a show car.....

why would a Xenon light source be so sensitive to dirt?? what is there about it that makes it so?? and so if driving say 300 miles/tankful of gas through bad weather, the lights get dirty...what is the water/cleaner source for any washing system??

seems like about 1/2 the cars here in Florida have cataract front lights, I dunno why clear plastic is so hard to keep from fogging up and turning yellow, never a issue in the red rear lenses, or even yellow side markers...but them front plastics, instant death...some withing like 5 years....most people just leave them as it's silly expensive for new ones....

I have not played with plastic polishes on them yet....too many other fish to fry....

:bump:

yeah, thats exactly what I was thinking doing for my sons c4, and if they come out good also do the 75, I saw this video on u-tube and this kid was showing how to do custum lexan covers and using a simple table, jig, shop vac, they came out pretty good, i'll see if I can find that link again

heres part 3 of 4 and you can get to the others from there

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_C_jtonZw&feature=related[/ame]