1990 sport seat rebuilding questions

JeffP1167

Have any of you ever refurbished a set of these? I have been almost ready to abort fixing them and just installing base seats since it seems everything is very expensive for them.

Are these things when in excellent shape any more comfortable then the base seats?

problems I'm having

electric back tilt not working on one
both bladder motor dont even run
switches are wasted
not sure condition of the bladders
air lines to everything broken

So anyone done a good write up on fixing these things?

My brother fixed a couple of those lumbar/sport seats. I'll ask him. Supposedly the lumbar pumps if they still buzz but don't pump the diapgragm is shot, he repaired them with some latex gloves. The air lines are easily replaced, those connector blocks are brittle and soft like wax, you could use festo type connectors

My brother fixed a couple of those lumbar/sport seats. I'll ask him. Supposedly the lumbar pumps if they still buzz but don't pump the diapgragm is shot, he repaired them with some latex gloves. The air lines are easily replaced, those connector blocks are brittle and soft like wax, you could use festo type connectors

my pumps dont click or anything. One of the reclining motors make a tapping noise but doest turn the cable. Yet you can turn the cable with a wrench and the seat reclines.

Well, I gave up on the sport seats. I just bought some standard seat shells and will order mounted leather like cushions for the car. I basically got looking at the cost for new switches, bezels, motors etc. To get whats not working on my seats and then new foam and upholstery would cost in the neighborhood of 1600.00. I will just take and keep the sport seat shells in case I decide to later put them back in the car.