Forgone days

What is shocking to me is the sheer amount of various cars scattered all over this country, setting around from inner cities to out in the sticks, more barns than can be found, it's krazy....

:amazed:

it makes me wonder when the bottom is going to drop out of the classic car collecting/rebuilding craze. Eventually the market is going to be completely saturated with these cars... and we build 20 million more every year.

Also, they focus on the ferrlambo car and not the original GT-40?!!!! sheesh

it makes me wonder when the bottom is going to drop out of the classic car collecting/rebuilding craze. Eventually the market is going to be completely saturated with these cars... and we build 20 million more every year.

Also, they focus on the ferrlambo car and not the original GT-40?!!!! sheesh

I have posted many times over many thread in who knows which forum.....

about a buddy's experience with his '35 Ford rumble seat convertible....as a resto he had lots of fun, but maybe broke even....

BUT, like I recommended he should have done a STEEL body hotrod, and about tripled his money for having more fun....

and between the .gov and all their EPA bullshit lies the target is clear, and that is not only the CAR hobby, but the FREEDOM the car supports....

as in one's own AFFORDABLE but modest lifestyle in the safer suburbs, with laws to keep it that way.....

don't have to listen to mosques all day, nore gunfire.....

the car hobby is at serious risk.....

damnit.....

and YES, unfortunately it IS political....

:club: And I am sad over it.....

with all that said... a good share of those pictures are lifted from threads where they were picking up the car to restore. In fact, the bugatti was on Chasing Classic cars... so most of those are leading very pampered existences now.... of course, some of those can rot for all I care

with all that said... a good share of those pictures are lifted from threads where they were picking up the car to restore. In fact, the bugatti was on Chasing Classic cars... so most of those are leading very pampered existences now.... of course, some of those can rot for all I care

Some years ago a old buddy's mother had a '68 Dodge Dart that she dearly loved....drove it for years and years, last car her husband bought her.....so she puttered around in it, and Larry just kept fixing it, no biggie.....

but upon her passing, he let it set for years on yet another friend's farm and so it deteriorated even being in a barn.....

I remember a few of us decided to scrap some cars, and so the Dart was included, so on a flatbed to a scrap yard, on the ramp up to the giant chipper, and so was shredded like so many others.....:flash::crutches:

Some years ago a old buddy's mother had a '68 Dodge Dart that she dearly loved....drove it for years and years, last car her husband bought her.....so she puttered around in it, and Larry just kept fixing it, no biggie.....

but upon her passing, he let it set for years on yet another friend's farm and so it deteriorated even being in a barn.....

I remember a few of us decided to scrap some cars, and so the Dart was included, so on a flatbed to a scrap yard, on the ramp up to the giant chipper, and so was shredded like so many others.....:flash::crutches:

I hope they removed the mother first..........

I hope they removed the mother first..........

No such luck, Larry is the last one of the family left now, his younger brother died years ago.....the family plot is on a hill overlooking some river in Keokuk Iowa.....:crutches: