Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD General Discussion > Projects

Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 AM
New Zealand | n00b

My Photos: (14)
Default 1970 Vette Restoration

My 1970 Corvette restoration is well underway. Here are some pictures of the before and current status of my restoration. I still find it hard to believe it could look so well and be such a mess underneath.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...][Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Another busy day tomorrow. I hope to have the birdcage out completely.

Last edited by NZMark; 10-07-2015 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Adding photos
Old 10-07-2015, 12:10 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Well it's not purrfect but not near as bad as some pix I have seen, these cars rust like mad, my '72 was repainted by P/Owners, and so the W/S frame is same as the rest of the car, and so yes down in the #2 body mount wells behind the kick panels, there has been some rust, but not so awful evil....I have sealed the ever loving crap out of the w/s filling all the gaps with the SS trim removed, filled in around the fenders, disabled and sealed the outside air vent on the pass side, so the HVAC is in permanent recirc, meaning I gather no leaves/trash in the evap housing.....
Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (494)

the rear was a bit harder to separate.
Theres a few rivets holding the back in place.
I'll use the holes as reference when time comes to re-install.

I remember the ark (t-top area) gave me a bit of a hard time but after removing the few pieces of fiberglass and unbonding the t-top area that took care of it.

Then I made my way down each side.

You will have to remove cut-out the area where the door striker is, and then pull out the door sills, (part that covers the rockers)

once the sills are out, the floor and the rear clip stayed in one piece.

Hard to explain, sorry.

Last edited by 1Michel; 10-08-2015 at 01:32 AM..