78 Rear Indicators

Vynlerules

Being from Australia, for registration purposes, :confused, do I need to have amber rear indicators if the car is over 35 years old?

Bob :confused:

Only an Aussie can answer this but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to mnod the b/u lamps w/ amber bulbs and make them into indicators. The UK, Germany...they all require that also.

short answer is yes you do ,seat belts have to be changed to Australian standards as well. front parker light is supposed to be clear as well.

It really depends on the guy whos inspecting in the registration "pits " that day.

I think 1973 year cars or older can have original USA lighting left as is.

If you have never done this easiest way is to get a permit and just book it in and drive it to them , they will tell you what you need to get done and start the paperwork on it so when you get it done just take it back with the mods done and ta da, they will give you a plate and away you go.

Low Vacume

Lights are sorted and thanks to one and all for there help. I don't know if I need to start another thread with new questions so bare with me. I have connected the vacume hose that runs the environmental controls and opens and shuts all the vents. They seem to be operating very slowly and the vent near the passenger side door won't move at all and the there is not enough to close the hot water shut of valve. Also I inspected the outside hoses to see if they were alright and I found I could put my hand down the passenger side outside corner to make sure the vacume hose was connected and found I could reach down and touch the blower fan. This seems unusual to say the least given that water would fill it up every time it rained. Is there supposed to be a cover or something over the opening? Totally confused at the moment. Getting ready for rego and need to fix. Any help would be appreciated :huh2:

...and the there is not enough to close the hot water shut of valve.
Putting a manually activated valve on the hot water lines is a common mod to ensure cold blowing air. The vaccum activated valve seem to never shut off correctly.

all you really need to get it registered is the windscreen demister working .

for the other stuff you have to check the whole vacuum system to see if theres a leak somewhere.

both headlights should rise quickly and at the same time as well.

my 77 was the same but i never had trouble with water , i suppose if you squirted a hose in there it might be bad for it

if your in Perth PM me your number if you want

Barry

all you really need to get it registered is the windscreen demister working .

for the other stuff you have to check the whole vacuum system to see if theres a leak somewhere.

both headlights should rise quickly and at the same time as well.

my 77 was the same but i never had trouble with water , i suppose if you squirted a hose in there it might be bad for it

if your in Perth PM me your number if you want

Barry

Thanks for the help, demister is working so I should be good. Strange system with the water drainage but will live with it.

Bob