Thank you Bullshark and Mr Vette

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Gene and Bob have put up with many e-mails and phone calls over the last two days helping me recalibrate some new meter movements for my dizzy machine. I'm aiming for 99% accuracy, and with some more fine tuning and cross checking with other equipment like hand held tachs, I'm getting real close. Thanks again guys. MY Sun EDT 5001 will live again, and maybe more accurate than ever.:thumbs:
I also purchased another Sun 1015 scope for parts, and this one works perfect too. Iv'e also scored all NOS Sun leads and pickups for that unit.
Now, to find a good Sun 604, and I'll be a happy camper.
All I need to do is rebuild 40 more dizzys to pay for it all. :rofl:
Thanks again guys, for all your help.:thumbs:

I'm dizzy most the time and I don't need a machine or even the sun.............:stirpot:

Hold on! So they helped you recalibrate an air-core gauge?

I need to know how to do this.

This is a schematic for a 305 degree air-core gauge. Unfortunately the LM1819 chip is no longer available. The OEM's have integrated this driver into the cluster control.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/o/bobpaige/Driver Schematic.html

So Larry, which type do you have? Integrated driver? Take a look at the National Semiconductor data sheet. It is probably very similar in approach to the more highly integrated version.???? They probably calibrate the meter cluster using laser trimmed Thin or thick film resistors, which would make the re-cal very challenging. On the other hand they should be very reliable and not need it????

LM1819

Bullshark