Almost done! Finally.

CTVETTE78

Garage Junkie
Well, after almost 7 years of screwing around with this car, it's almost finished. The paint came out pretty good for a first timer; i'm going to give it a few more days until I color sand the clear. Final color choice was C6 Lemans blue.

thum_14453ff13cac4165.jpgthum_14453ff13cb7f8b3.jpgthum_14453ff13a868a7d.jpg

The weather strips and window moldings have been installed since these photos were taken.

Mr. Mikes covers for the Fiero seats will be in tomorrow so I'll have the interior done this weekend. Just a few more minor things to finish up - install the headlights and get them working, alignment, hook up the power steering and fix an oil pan leak. I also have to get most of the electrical things working still....the power windows are giving me fits.

I'm shooting to have everything done to show the car at a local show on October 5. Woo Hoo! I'll actually be able to drive this thing soon.

Last edited:
That is a Beauty - But, GTFOH! Done - What is that?!!
Serriously - nice choice of color. Headlights - Flush mounts???

Cheers - Jim

Awesome color, reminds me of my '79...... :smash:

No really: looking great !!!! :thumbs:

Karsten, It took me a long time to decide on the color, but your car was one of the cars that I used to decide on the Lemans blue. :thumbs:

I'd say that we both have impeccable taste in cars! :smash:

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll post some better photos in my gallery when it's all together.

That is a Beauty - But, GTFOH! Done - What is that?!!
Serriously - nice choice of color. Headlights - Flush mounts???

Cheers - Jim

Yea, I know......it'll never really be done. Why would it be any different from most of my other long term projects?

The headlights will be the stock assemblies, only with upgraded lamps and rewired through relays.