Run Flat Tires?

I see people complain about run flat tires. Is it because of the ride or ?

Had runflats (Goodyear) on my C6 when I bought it, awful tires..... I think they feel hard as a brick. Main reason I changed tires was price though.... The Goodyears were like $1700 a set, the Kumhos that I bought were only $800 a set....
The runflats lasted about 20k miles (bought the C6 with 19k mikes, factory set of tires) .... My Kumho SPT tires last about 25k miles and I am now on my second set. This second set is at 20k miles and soon it will be the third set of Kumho SPT ...
Overall, the non run flat tires are a lot quieter, when you hit a bump on the road it does not rattle the dashboard loose..... Lol

Imagine non flat solid rubber tires, that's what I think is a good description of runflats.....

For emergencies I have a bottle of Fix-A-Flat in the trunk, and AAA premium just in case.....

I put Michelin run-flats on the C5 about 20k miles ago. Much better ride than the oem Goodyear tires. A lot quieter and smoother but expensive. Still plenty of miles left.

I see people complain about run flat tires. Is it because of the ride or ?

Had runflats (Goodyear) on my C6 when I bought it, awful tires..... I think they feel hard as a brick. Main reason I changed tires was price though.... The Goodyears were like $1700 a set, the Kumhos that I bought were only $800 a set....
The runflats lasted about 20k miles (bought the C6 with 19k mikes, factory set of tires) .... My Kumho SPT tires last about 25k miles and I am now on my second set. This second set is at 20k miles and soon it will be the third set of Kumho SPT ...
Overall, the non run flat tires are a lot quieter, when you hit a bump on the road it does not rattle the dashboard loose..... Lol

Imagine non flat solid rubber tires, that's what I think is a good description of runflats.....

For emergencies I have a bottle of Fix-A-Flat in the trunk, and AAA premium just in case.....

:thumbs::smash: Ditto.....

I have the Goodyear run flats on my 08..came from the factory.

I call'm run flat broke tires...you'll be flat broke replacing them with the same brand.

They are noisy, and with hard sidewalls, make the ride harsher I'm told. Mine are 6 years old (tempus fugit) and I think the rubber compound has become hard. I sense I'm not getting the traction I should. Need to be replaced with regular tires and a softer compound. I've only had two flats in my 57 years of driving experience..and one was on a dirt road...so I think the probability of being stranded with a flat is pretty low. AAA is the way to go.
PS. After buying the car, and with 600 miles I ran over a 3/8 inch boltthat punctured the tread...repair for a 3/8 inch bolt can't be done. New Tire. The Chevy dealer said my tires were not covered by a warranty for road hazards. The local Goodyear dealer said it was not covered. However, on a Corvette forum, I was told Goodyear would cover new run-flat tires under 1000 miles if they couldn't be repaired. When back to the Goodyear dealer, he reluctantly called Goodyear and Goodyear affirmed the 1000 mile warranty and agreed a tread could not be safely patched for a 3/8 inch puncture......bingo...new run flat tire without cost. I think it's retail price would have been over $600.