Centerforce clutch

1) I know of no other clutch with those silly ass weights.

2) All other clutches work fine without those silly ass weights.

3) Guys that balance their engine would not dream of adding some BS movable weight BS on their flywheel, why on the PP?

4) POS

1) I know of no other clutch with those silly ass weights.

2) All other clutches work fine without those silly ass weights.

3) Guys that balance their engine would not dream of adding some BS movable weight BS on their flywheel, why on the PP?

4) POS

Yea, when you were doing it the first time, I knew of the problems with the CenterForce clutch. I was hoping that you guys would get lucky.:sweat:

Been using Mcleod since 78---great stuff. The 12" George put together for me is light and strong.:cool:

What did you do on the ball stud? Did the LUK use a GM ball stud or the adjustable one? I have heard mostly negative things on these clutches the past 5-6 years yet people are still buying them. I guess the can't all be bad?
I had a new CF 2 and sold it because I didn't want to play around with that ball stud. Used a new Hays that has been pushed hard over 20k miles. Still works ok.

Centerforce DFX 11 inch clutch and pressure plate with 22 pound billet steel 168 tooth flywheel.

Even breaking the Crank shaft didn't slow it down.

I have great faith in my Centerforce. My big sTicky road racing slicks bite and the clutch has never given me grief. The weights serve a purpose

Your pictures tell me lots of things. Like safety isn't a major concern. So it must be on a lower hp application. No block saver plate. No mini starter. No blow proof bell housing. No SFI rated rotating parts.

Last edited:
I can't believe there are still doubts about Centerforce clutches. They have been making those weighted pressure plates for at least 15, maybe 20 years. If there were that many complaints, you bet they would be gone. The reason you don't see them on other clutches? Maybe patents? I have probably installed more of them than anyone on this or the "other" forums. Not once have I found a vibration problem caused by the weights. They are there for a reason;to allow a light clutch feel and still grab hard at rpm's. I can attest to that fact. I have the C/F2 on my s/charged '68 'Vette, no slippage yet. I hate really stiff clutches!

Last edited:
I can't believe there are still doubts about Centerforce clutches. They have been making those weighted pressure plates for at least 15, maybe 20 years. If there were that many complaints, you bet they would be gone. Not once have I found a vibration problem caused by the weights.

All I can say is changing it out made the vibration go away. There was no other changes made. Zero.

I can't believe there are still doubts about Centerforce clutches. They have been making those weighted pressure plates for at least 15, maybe 20 years. If there were that many complaints, you bet they would be gone. Not once have I found a vibration problem caused by the weights.

All I can say is changing it out made the vibration go away. There was no other changes made. Zero.

I've been hearing about this problem with Centerforce clutches for years now.:crap:

I've been hearing about this problem with Centerforce clutches for years now.:crap:

Hearing about or first hand experience? It's easy to blame a problem on a suspected part, and then all the "experts" chime in. Chances are none of them have personally experienced this failure for themselves. In today's internet world, beware of "keyboard" experts. My motto is "I don't believe anything I read, and only half of what I see".

Hearing about or first hand experience? It's easy to blame a problem on a suspected part, and then all the "experts" chime in. Chances are none of them have personally experienced this failure for themselves. In today's internet world, beware of "keyboard" experts. My motto is "I don't believe anything I read, and only half of what I see".

I'm the Senior Tech here. I have customers that tell me their problems and MANY people come to me for advice. Like I said, I have heard of problems with Centerforce clutches for years. I never bought one and never will.

Oh, almost forgot, I talked to a guy that USED to work at Centerforce. He stated that there were problems. What Bird came across is the most common.
:noworry:

I talked to a guy that USED to work at Centerforce. He stated that there were problems.

I have one of these clutches, I have had no trouble. The pedal is heavy as hell but no problem. If I need to replace it I will go with a different brand to avoid some of the potential fitment problems I have read about.

I have a CF dual friction clutch,and have not had one problem with it ever. :harhar:

And I am glad. Not all Chevys lose a cam lobe either, but some do.:stirpot:

None of my chevys have ever lost a cam lobe :lol::lol:

:stirpot:

In the 80's I was tearing down about 25 SBC cores a week. About every 5th engine had a bad cam lobe. It was a very REAL problem. :crutches:

Oh well. I have had more chevy's than i can remember and i have never lost a lobe yet.

CF DF here and NO problems...

I like the light pedal. 565+ ft lbs and 325 drag radials. I don't drop the clutch much in 1st cause it blows the tires away but I can get 2nd to launch ok.

Can also do rolling burnouts with just throttle :D:D

Last edited: