ECM near battery

00fxd

I would like to move my ecm. Does anyone have an opinion whether I should mount my GM 7747 near the battery or not? A very good spot for it would be where the coolant reservour was mounted in my midyear. Unfortunately that is directly above the battery under the hood.
Thanks, Frank.

You should install non weatherpack ECM's inside the passenger compartment, behind the glovebox is a good spot

On 82s the ecm is directly next to the battery in the back storage area

I don't give a crap what GM did, I would NEVER put ANY electronics of any type next to a car battery....too many fumes bad enough in that enclosed batt box, than under the hood....fumes rot aluminum, corrode connections, and eat wires.....asking for trouble over time....

put it in the pass side storage box, or behind the glove box, IN the glove box, behind the dash somehow, under the radio, is you have a Jap radio in there, it's smaller than stock clunker...so there is even MORE room....:drink:

I don't give a crap what GM did, I would NEVER put ANY electronics of any type next to a car battery....too many fumes bad enough in that enclosed batt box, than under the hood....fumes rot aluminum, corrode connections, and eat wires.....asking for trouble over time....

put it in the pass side storage box, or behind the glove box, IN the glove box, behind the dash somehow, under the radio, is you have a Jap radio in there, it's smaller than stock clunker...so there is even MORE room....:drink:

Gotta agree there. :thumbs:

Thanks guys, I already under the dash. Not any extra room behind a midyear dash. Not much extra room under the hood either. Right now I have it velcro'd under my heater ducting on the pass side. I didn't want to drill holes. It's quite visible.