Dodge Challenger

Belgian1979vette

I know of a Dodge Challenger that is for sale at the moment. Car has been dismantled, but body is solid. Needs further work. Not driveable at the moment.

The engine is a 318 ci. Asking price is US$ 10.500.

Would it be worth it.

I always particularly like the Challenger.

What year? I like the Challengers too but if you buy one make sure it fits in your garage, these cars are huge.....

Foose-70-Challenger-RA-1280x960.jpg

Lots of money for a 318 project, even if rock solid. I would pay half that in euros and tell the seller to keep the 318. What trans?? 727? a manual? What rear axle? Corporate, dana??? Original trim? Buckets? Console? Column or floor shift? Rallye Dash?? All this matters. A 318 bench seat, band tach dash no console...blablabla wouldn't be worth a lot.

Lots of money for a 318 project, even if rock solid. I would pay half that in euros and tell the seller to keep the 318. What trans?? 727? a manual? What rear axle? Corporate, dana??? Original trim? Buckets? Console? Column or floor shift? Rallye Dash?? All this matters. A 318 bench seat, band tach dash no console...blablabla wouldn't be worth a lot.

It would if he did mods and called it a re-creation, well at least barrett-jackson proved that.

The Challenger started in 1970. A 69 would be as rare as a 83 Corvette...

Post pics

Rob

The Challenger started in 1970. A 69 would be as rare as a 83 Corvette...

Post pics

Rob

Conversationally speaking you are correct, AFAIK, but I check with a old buddy who knows more than Chrysler about their cars.....I email him a link to here, and copy paste his reply.....

:nuts::censored:

Yes, 1970 = 1st year (gen1 = 70-74) start of E bodies, RWD (excluding E for FWD junk boxes in 80s)

True, they came out as a 1970 model and ran through the fall of 1973 (as a 1974 model). Although the mild 318" engine is commonplace, all the Challengers are worth quite a bit IF the body is in first class condition. They are known to rust around both front and rear windshields, and the rust can prove to be quite well hidden. Randy had to do an immense amount of metal work on my T/A, and virtually all of it was hidden under glass and chrome trim. A 318" car with a good body would easily be worth $10K in the states.

This from my old buddy Larry, Randy is a body shop manager for a large dealership, and restores cars for friends on the side....I dunno what Randy knows about plastic cars though...not seen him in many years....

:amazed:

Haven't seen the car yet.

This is the VIN according to them : JH23G0E102700

108760492-dodge-challenger-1969.jpg

Last edited:
10,500 is steep for a basket case, even if the body is solid. That being said, the other extreme is that they bring top dollar when restored.

I learned a very long time ago that Mopar parts are much harder to find than Chevy parts, that is why my current projects are GM products. When I was a teen all the cars I owned were Plymouths....

10,500 is steep for a basket case, even if the body is solid. That being said, the other extreme is that they bring top dollar when restored.

I learned a very long time ago that Mopar parts are much harder to find than Chevy parts, that is why my current projects are GM products. When I was a teen all the cars I owned were Plymouths....

NO doubt, Larry who I quoted above agrees, it's tough, Randy had to basically make the parts.....but there are very few that can.... he be one of them....

:drink:

Based on a book I have:

J – Challenger (Car Line)
H – High (Price Class)
23 – 2 Door Hard top
G – 318 2bbl V8 (70-74) (Engine)
0 – 1970 Model year
E – Los Angles, (Assembly Plant)
102700 – Sequence number

As you might already know the 70 and 71's are the more popular.

Based on a book I have:

J – Challenger (Car Line)
H – High (Price Class)
23 – 2 Door Hard top
G – 318 2bbl V8 (70-74) (Engine)
0 – 1970 Model year
E – Los Angles, (Assembly Plant)
102700 – Sequence number

As you might already know the 70 and 71's are the more popular.

Yep, they are the most beautiful.

What is the difference between high and low class ?

that's for the trim specs, stripes, spoilers that kind of stuff. There's economy, medium, speecial and some others

What year? I like the Challengers too but if you buy one make sure it fits in your garage, these cars are huge.....

Foose-70-Challenger-RA-1280x960.jpg

MYBAD,
That pic reminds me of a drag racer I met once. A friend was having his car painted by The Greg of Akron years ago. The Greg was working out of Arlen Vanke's garage in Copley Ohio. Was fun watching Greg doing either gold leaf or silver leaf, I forget. The Greg painted Art Arfons Green Monster as well as producing murals for vans back in the day. Sold through Midwest Auto Parts.

6AkronArlen.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/251313/rip-greg-of-akron

Last edited: