Given the cost of C3 suspension upgrades would a better choice be C4 suspension?

Marck

Did you build that frame? Looks like A C4 front frame section was grafted in front of the original motor mounts and then c3 bumper braces added.

No a guy here in NL did it. It looks a bit crooked but should give an idea of how it can be done.

Thats pretty close to how I did mine.Works great.

I basically thought about making a frame/jig that ran around my frame and secure it to the body and front and rear bumper supports. Then buy some cheap steel rims and bolt them to the rotors and then weld to my jig.

This I would think would get the c4 suspension aligned pretty good

I found a front 90-up frame section with suspension cradle for 50.00. Think is what I will do is graft that to my frame and this will also allow me to use the C4 cooling capsule with dual electric fans.

I think is what I will do is once my jig is built and secured I will brace the front frame rails by bolting a cross brace to the engine mounts. (picture is of a unknown year frame) providing my 82 frame is the same I can also bolt my jig to the front bumper frame extensions on the front of the frame rails. Then when I have everything lined up cut the C3 frame in front of the engine mounts and behind the bumper mounts and weld in the C4 frame section.

I plan to set my jig up so steel rims are welded to it and then the rims bolted to the rotors to keep the tires at the correct position in the wheel wells when it is complete.

Does this sound like it should keep everything lined up? If it is very close a alignment shop should be able to work with it right?

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

corvetteframe1.jpg