82 Window Glass Adjustment

gr8vet

1982, passenger side window glass. Is there anyway to adjust the glass forward and back? i.e. the door lines are great but the glass is to far forward. I apologize that I have not yet attempted to loosen glass as I find it better to ask before I really ^&%$ things up.

thanks in advance

tt

How far does it need to move?

I have the glass adjustment procedure from the AIM that I could scan if you don't have it. Looks like the kind of adjustment that is fairly involved and could be descibed by drawings better than me:wink:

How far does it need to move?

I have the glass adjustment procedure from the AIM that I could scan if you don't have it. Looks like the kind of adjustment that is fairly involved and could be described by drawings better than me:wink:

Sweet, would love to see it. I need to move about 1/2 inch back to get all the rubbers to align and keep it from beating on the metal guide on the bird cage.

Mucho Gracious!

tt

This is from a 79 AIM, should be the same.

Attachments

• Window adjust1.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Window adjust2.pdf
    64 KB · Views: 8
This is from a 79 AIM, should be the same.

You da man! Took the time last night to align the windows. No more unwanted breezes! You can still see some daylight under those glass tops. Funny, I've been thinking about stealing someones right side top, um, uh, replacing their top with mine, but it appears that ALL right side glass tops fit the same, not worth a sh&%. :)

Thanks again! Huge help!!

tt