Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Chassis, Steering and Suspension

Old 03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
United States | DREAD NAUGHT

My Photos: (24)

Hey,

Wish I had gotten the 360 lb,, but live and learn. mine now stays stuck to the ground,but then one has not the option to test unless you ride with another who has the 360. I;m happy can't wait to put on the bilstiens at some point, running KYB,, just a little stiff. My 2 dollars. 2 cents was yesterday!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:48 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (43)

I'm going to order VB&P #360 tomorrow. Thanks to everyone, I'll let everyone know how it works out and how the ride is.

I'm going to replace the body mounts next.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 AM
United States | Adrenaline Junkie

My Photos: (0)

You are going to like the new ride, when you get the specially valved shocks made for the composite spring, you will love it even more.
'77 350 4-bolt bored .030 over, stock crank and rods, KB hypereutectic pistons, Comp 275DEH cam, ported and polished vortec heads, Comp Valve Springs, Harland Sharp fulcrum roller rockers 1.5:1, custom length Manley pushrods, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley fuel pump, Edelbrock 600 cfm carb, Accel super coil, Taylor spark plug wires, modded 700-R4, 3:55 rear gears, TCI roll control, upgraded front and rear suspension. B&M Megashifter.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyVette View Post
You are going to like the new ride, when you get the specially valved shocks made for the composite spring, you will love it even more.
Hey SmokeyVette. I thought that I had been everywhere in Texas but I never heard of Leveldirt. I Googled Leveldirt and found your MySpace page, pretty cool! I bet some others would like to see some of the Corvette stuff you have there.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 AM

Thanks!

That's what me and a few of my friends call Levelland since it's mostly...uh...dirt.

I'm on the map, Levelland TX just West of Lubbock TX about 30 miles.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 AM
United States | DREAD NAUGHT

My Photos: (24)

What are the proper billsteins to run with the mono, KYB seems to be a real stiff shock,, of course I had a steel spring and oem shocks before,, steel was worn out! so I don't know what the ride difference is??? Like a powder puff on my a@@?????? I still have brain damage from the steel spring ride!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
What are the proper billsteins to run with the mono, KYB seems to be a real stiff shock,, of course I had a steel spring and oem shocks before,, steel was worn out! so I don't know what the ride difference is??? Like a powder puff on my a@@?????? I still have brain damage from the steel spring ride!!!!!
This is what I use, I just couldn't resist the price and believe it or not, they are actually pretty damn good!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 PM
United States | Huh?

My Photos: (140)

Would 4) 3/8" holes in the crossmember be too irreversible a change from stock? If not, then go with a dual mount spring--you can adjust the spring rate in 4 increments from around 330# to 420# or so. I keep jacking mine up higher & higher as the performance improves.
If you must use a single mount, I would go no lighter than 360#, and even at that you'll probably bottom out the pipes on railroad tracks at 30 MPH with someone like Bird as passenger....Been there, done that.

John
Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhil View Post
Would 4) 3/8" holes in the crossmember be too irreversible a change from stock? If not, then go with a dual mount spring--you can adjust the spring rate in 4 increments from around 330# to 420# or so. I keep jacking mine up higher & higher as the performance improves.
If you must use a single mount, I would go no lighter than 360#, and even at that you'll probably bottom out the pipes on railroad tracks at 30 MPH with someone like Bird as passenger....Been there, done that.

John
No, I'd do that. You think the adjustable dual mount is that much better?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
United States | Huh?

My Photos: (140)

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyasone2three View Post
No, I'd do that. You think the adjustable dual mount is that much better?
Well I have nothing to compare it to except my old worn out 100,000 mile suspension with 9-leaf steel spring. But I sure do like it, and it's only a half hour job to change the spring rate. And the single leaf 'glas spring has such a smoother action to it that while it's stiffer rated than the steel leaf, it seems to glide better over the road. It's not sticking to itself like the leaves in a steel spring do.
You have to pull the crossmember, which means drop the diff, to install it so it will inevitably lead to an attack of while-I'm-at-it-itis.
But yeah I highly recommend it.

John