Jeep Cj or Wrangler - anyone know them?

GTR1999

Gearhead
I was thinking of a CJ or Wrangler with a plow. I never owned one and haven't worked on one in 30 years. Anyone shed any light on the drivetrain,common problems, value, MPG, and how they are with a plow?
I'm not out looking just interested in any feedback.
Thanks

Thomas Slater
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Gary, My son is in the Jeep clubs doing all sorts of stuff in UTAH, so they know about plows, and all that Jeep stuff....ask him....

tell him your a vette friend from here.....

:hi:

Thanks Gene, I'll email him about it.

He just called in fact woke me up from a good snooze....i'ts nice to be retarred...., anyway I mentioned someone maybe getting in touch.....

He only 24, but works on his own shit, and was asking about brakes and stuff, he already did a full disc brake change out on the rear drums....course on electrical crap, long time ago I gave him a Fluke DVM and so every once in a while I gotta explain how to use it...so he picks up the phone and it's a hands on routine......:shocking:

Gene,
Your boy emailed me a ton of info, I never knew about Jeeps. I'll save it so if I ever see one locally I like I'll have something to go on. Not ever owning one, who knows if I'll even like the Wranglers.
Thanks for the help.

Gene,
Your boy emailed me a ton of info, I never knew about Jeeps. I'll save it so if I ever see one locally I like I'll have something to go on. Not ever owning one, who knows if I'll even like the Wranglers.
Thanks for the help.

Yeh, no sweat man, he bolted up some aftermarket skid plates for his Jeep....

if you go to my site on the bottom here you can find some pis of him and the Jeep but he had two others I have lost in a computer switch, damnit....

:(