'82 Alarm Dis Arm

gr8vet

One more this morning gang.

I did discover that my alarm did work in my restoration project, after I cut all the wires to the lock pawls. :suicide:

Horn goes off after you lock doors and try to reopen, assuming that alarm thinks it armed all the time (open circuit). But I have converted the car over to a carb, so I am only using the computer for tranny lock up. Can I just pull a fuse? twist the wires together? Yes, I am a dummy. I have an after market alarm / key less entry ready to install.

Thanks in advance

tt

Does the car start? There's a theft deterrent start interrupt relay under the rear storage liners. There's also a theft deterrent control module there.\

This is it:
est1.jpg

est2.jpg

The relay has ppl-wht, ppl and blk-wht wires. The module has a whole bunch of wires. There are 2 large ones there, the one with the metal bracket is the wiper control module. The all black one is the theft module. it should have

Here's a complete 82 wiring schematic:
http://www.vettemod.com/tech/1982_Corvette_Wiring.pdf

Again, A BIG thanks! I am liking you guys, alot!

Not sure if the module is still there? I'll take a look see later this evening. I have been pondering why the alarm sets, what makes it set. It is when I lock doors via the electric locks then shut the door, if you use the key it does not set. I am going to review all the links you guys posted.

THANKS!

tt

I also have alarm problems. When I use the power locks and then close the door, the alarm sounds. Then I have to unlock the door with the key and re-lock it with the key.

I also have alarm problems. When I use the power locks and then close the door, the alarm sounds. Then I have to unlock the door with the key and re-lock it with the key.

My '81 does the same thing. I believe it is just the nature of the beast.:confused:

Years ago upon rewiring the entire car with my own construction, I must have tore out as much silliness as I installed with the DPFI....

serious....:shocking::shocking::p:trumpet:

Update

Wow it was a long day, but a good day. Found the module, just yanked it out and all is well.
Funny I see some of my friends use alarms, steering wheel locks. I insured my c3 for $24,000, I leave the keys in it!

Thanks again for all the help.

When you say you yanked it out, did you unplug the module? Are you sure the car starts OK?

I did remove the module. I am not sure how the module disables the starter, but, I have converted mine over to a carb. I only use the computer per say for lock up on tranny. Drove the car last night (boy was I brave, did have a complete set of tools and another friend in his c3 following us) for over 100 miles with five starts and no problems.

tt