83 stepside project

Well, it all went too smooth. Crap was bound to happen. Sure enough I had no fuel going to my surge tank. After checking the hoses, the pump and everything I decided to do a test on the tank lines and sure enough blocked and partial blocked. The reason is I took the tanks off but there is no room to work there so I left the hoses a little longer to be able to connect the hard lines with the tanks dropped down a little. This kinked the hoses when the tanks were back in place because the hard lines are pretty close together. With no room to work I had no choice but to lift the bed and redo them with the little cramped space under the cab available. Took some cussing and swearing but got it done. Also painted the rear lamp frames black because the aluminum was oxidizing and I hate polishing stuff.

252128e368c142.jpg

252128f1a7cd5e.jpg

^%$#^%^#%$^#$%^caramba!!
25213d1b2cc4c3.jpg

blacked out
25213d1b23a4d0.jpg

Now the pressure remains nice and constant and the surge tank is always full

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOO74eIg8qk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLp5zuI2x8k[/ame]

Hows my old t/a coming along? I dont go on 3rd gen that much anymore, they hate us 4th gen owners haha.

All done. I may end up swapping to 32lbs injectors because I need more fuel and may be maing out these injectors even out of the boost range. Got some 32s lying in the truck so I can swap them out sometime soon. For the rest it drives fine, and smooth. Love the OD, it does an easy 80mph @ 2500 or so rpm.

Put a moroso crank case evac system on it to keep the yucky filth out of the intake

252226d48790d8.jpg

new washer reservoir, custom expansion tank & acoompanying overflow for the rad

252226d476c933.jpg

WBO2, chose this style because the gauge most closely matches the stock ones. (ignore dust)
25223a49c11a9f.jpg

interior all back together
25223a49c65ed3.jpg

Done :)

25223a49cb8a98.jpg

25223a49baa046.jpg

Glad to be driving in it again... it really is one of the must fun cars to drive... it's rattle free, lots of room and now plenty of oomph.

All done. I may end up swapping to 32lbs injectors because I need more fuel and may be maing out these injectors even out of the boost range. Got some 32s lying in the truck so I can swap them out sometime soon. For the rest it drives fine, and smooth. Love the OD, it does an easy 80mph @ 2500 or so rpm.

Put a moroso crank case evac system on it to keep the yucky filth out of the intake

252226d48790d8.jpg

Do these still work well with mufflers? I would so much rather run this setup than a PCV or current breather setup. And are you supposed to run a catch can with these to keep oil from pooling up in low points?