Cars you wished you did not sell...

pmazza

While cleaning out some boxes last weekend I found these pics of a car I had forgotten about. 1970 Nova, first car I owned, began learning about all the fun things of a fast car including how to drain your wallet. Had to sell for bills, family, etc.

Pics are probably from 1991 right before I sold it to a guy from Pittsburgh, it had a 383 small block, Nash race 5 speed (mag case, pro shift sliders, torsion bar), 12 pt cage, backhalved car with Ford 9 inch. Did not get too many runs on it before I sold, around 10.40@132 was the best timeslip I found in the same box with pics. Had more in her I am sure.

Dig the late 80's style of color keyed fiberglass bumpers and blacked out trim.

2244ad4c5447177a.jpg

2244ad4c54386adf.jpg

Makes me wish I had just shoved it back in storage and kept it.

Phil

Sad to say, I share the lack of camera ability and lack of photo interest with a good long time hotrodder friend, so neither one of us has any pix of our past car hobby victims.....

nothing on my first car, a '60 vette in '66, nothing on any of the Pontiacs that I know of, nothing from first or second marriage....

only what is now on the 'net'....thanks to digital convenience.....

you all that have those pix are lucky.....

:crap::gurney:

Geeez...got pics somewhere. Some may be Polaroid Instamatics:huh2:

70 Nova SS
67 Firebird 400
69 Firebird 350
74 Transam
2 79 Trans Ams
80 Turbo Trans Am
68 GTO
69 GTO
67 Camaro SS Convertible

That Nova is Beauty eh?

Here's my first car. Not a chevy but I think some here might appreciate it.
Unfortunately it was stolen not sold.

!970 Ford(I know, I know!), Torino Cobra SCJ, Boss 429, 4 speed 430 Drag pac.
70SCJboss429.jpg

a1_1.jpg

I can't watch Barrett Jackson

Or any of the other auto auctions without getting pissed off. I could've been a fucking milionaire....

'69 Plymouth Satellite convertible
'69 Road Runner 383
'69 GTX clone 440
70 Dodge Super Bee 383 w/ pistol grip Hurst shifter
67 'Cuda Fastback
72 Chevelle
69 Javelin AMX
all gone........:cry:

My house was built in 1967 and I have been cleaning out the crawl space for storage the last few weeks. I noticed some newspapers on the floor from 1967 and found the cars for sale section. The used car section had 50's and 60's cars selling for a less than a $1000. A dealer had a 66 4 speed Chevelle for (as I recall) $1800.

If I could go back in time!

My first car was a '61 Corvette. It was a good looking car, but one day (while I was working at the gas station) I had the opportunity to drive a '68 from the parking lot on around to the service bay. Once I sat in that thing, and saw those angled fenders up front, and that gauge cluster, I had to have a C3! I sold the '61 about a year later and bought the '69 which I've now had for 36 years. While it would be nice to still have the '61, I wouldn't give up the '69 for it.

My first car was a '61 Corvette. It was a good looking car, but one day (while I was working at the gas station) I had the opportunity to drive a '68 from the parking lot on around to the service bay. Once I sat in that thing, and saw those angled fenders up front, and that gauge cluster, I had to have a C3! I sold the '61 about a year later and bought the '69 which I've now had for 36 years. While it would be nice to still have the '61, I wouldn't give up the '69 for it.

Surely I have posted this before, but when thinking of a vette again, one of the first things I did was sit my ass in another 58-62, and what was fine at age22 was no good at age 52.....oh well....

:eek::rain::surrender:

I was always a poor boy with no bucks for a cool car. I still remember seeing my first 68 Vette and my jaw dropped. I was in college and this guy drove around to pick up his girlfriend in a Nassau Blue ( whatever that color was called on a Vette) 427-4-speed T-top coupe. I knew one day I had to have one, but it was about fifteen years later I bought my 69 smallblock 4-speed.

The car I wish I never sold was a 52 Henry J with a 394 Olds engine and Ford 9 inch rear. I bought it when I was 16, from another 16 year old whose mom was going to have it towed to salvage, if it wasn't gone by morning. After paying $10, I towed it to a garage I pumped gas at a few miles from where the car was parked. After installing an Olds trans that I paid five bucks for at a local salvage yard, it was pulling the front wheels on driveway launches. The car was rough looking but all there, no rust and had lots of potential. I had to sell it for the same reason as the guy I bought it from, only I got $50 back around 1965. It was junk by some standards, but my prize while I had it. These days it would make a cool gasser style rod.

Cool cars....... That Torino is real good one
I would like to have kept my '57 Chev wagon, 4 door but with a hot 283, 3spd manual, custom paint and interior. 65 Satelite 383/4spd, that thing was a weapon. 58 Impala 283. Had a neat 65 mustang notchback 4spd. My good old 68 Firebird 4spd, had several engines in it. 65 GTO convert, tri power, 4spd. Old reliable '74 Corvette L48/auto. My 38 Chev Coupe, 454, 4spd, Nova subframe. I must be forgettin some. It sure would be nice to have a warehouse with all those old girls just settin' there for me.

Around 78 or 79 I had a 69 Road Runner
It had a 383 4 spd and even a Dana rear end.
I was the second owner and the car was like new.
Bought it for 2500 bucks and sold it for 2500 bucks.

Wish I still had this one.

i hope i dont get banned but

I wish I still had my 04 mazdaspeed miatia. That was the first and only car I'd bought new. It was a factory race car. Also factory turbocharged! The first thing I did when I got it home was unhook the waistegate. That car would fly! And it drove like it was on rails. Man! I miss that car.

Oh man, love the 429boss 4 speed torino, after a 70 cyclone spoiler that's 2nd on my wish list

I wish I hadn't sold this. I came from the factory with a 5 litre Holden V8 and a Trimatic gearbox. I binned them in favour of a 6.6 litre small block and a TH30 - it went like shit off a shovel!

HQ.jpg

HQ1.jpg

I miss my old Rockabilly Dumptruck too. I sold that when I came out here. Mind you, if I'd had that sitting at home for the last 11 years, it probably would have gone back to the earth from whence it came, by now.

Ute.jpg

After 12 months off the road:
ute2.jpg

I wish I still had my 04 mazdaspeed miatia. That was the first and only car I'd bought new. It was a factory race car. Also factory turbocharged! The first thing I did when I got it home was unhook the waistegate. That car would fly! And it drove like it was on rails. Man! I miss that car.

Miatia ...are you a chick?...just kidding dude those things corner like they are on rails. Shit I just looked at the rest of what you wrote ..lol

Last edited:
64 Ford Falcon, 170 cid 6 cyl and a 4 speed
64 Pontiac Grand Prix- 455 SD from a 69 Firebird
67 Chevelle SS 4 speed triple black
73 Z-28 (still have the engine- the car rotted away)
72 Chevelle frame off resto- 350/350 700R4 and 4:11's

4 or 5 others in there too, but those are the memorable ones for me.

The Road runner was the one I regretted selling, also had a Nova SS 73, I've put 4 engines in there the 350 it came originaly, blew it up, then I put a 302 from a 69 Camaro that engine was stolen from the storage garage during a winter. Then a 396 and when I sold it had a 454 in it.

Bought a 32 Ford from a school teacher that I kept 3 months. Small block in it.