Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Other Cars

Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (20)
Default 33 Ford

About a two months ago I sold my 68, I had it for over 10 years but I was sick of it. I am sure I will have a corvette again, probably a C1.

For now I bought this 33 ford 3 window coupe. I am going to do a traditional build on it, no bling or street rod BS. It will be a high boy with full hood, simple engine and manual trans. I don't want it to be too nice so I am afraid to drive it.

Last edited by 68L71; 12-27-2009 at 04:08 AM..
Old 11-01-2009, 12:00 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (116)

sweet...I always wanted one.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 AM
United States | Charter Member
Founder Bird-Run
Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
Cruise-In Bird-Run 2 Veteran

My Photos: (342)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68L71 View Post
About a two months ago I sold my 68, I had it for over 10 years but I was sick of it. I am sure I will have a corvette again, probably a C1.

For now I bought this 33 ford 3 window coupe. I am going to do a traditional build on it, no bling or street rod BS. It will be a high boy with full hood, simple engine and manual trans. I don't want it to be too nice so I am afraid to drive it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

33, and later a C-1? Your getting old.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:01 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
33, and later a C-1? Your getting old.
LOL so it seems...two years and I will be 30...ouch
Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (4)

A steel 33 3 window. I'll bet you paid big for that one. Worth every penny. California Kid. Good for you staying away from the street rod bling of nowdays. I don't even go look at those high dollar street rods at cars shows anymore. I like to see lots of original body and trim parts, a nice rake or lowered and a ford engine [or a Hemi].I still look at coupes for myself, I'd like to have another one someday - still wondering if I shoulda sold the last one. 38 Chev 454/4spd. Keep us posted on your progress
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tom 6.jpg (649.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

DeJaVu all over again, about 55 years ago a older kid in the hood bought one of them, looks almost identical, had a Chebby in it as I recall....

some 20 years ago a friend up north was working on his '35 Ford rumble seat convertible, green with tan interior/top....V8 winner, sold it for almost nothing, and like I was telling him, it would have been worth FAR more as a steel body hotrod instead of a perfect resto....

Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00fxd View Post
A steel 33 3 window. I'll bet you paid big for that one. Worth every penny. California Kid. Good for you staying away from the street rod bling of nowdays. I don't even go look at those high dollar street rods at cars shows anymore. I like to see lots of original body and trim parts, a nice rake or lowered and a ford engine [or a Hemi].I still look at coupes for myself, I'd like to have another one someday - still wondering if I shoulda sold the last one. 38 Chev 454/4spd. Keep us posted on your progress
I like the late 30's Chevy's but I wanted no fenders and nothing looks better than 33-34 ford in my opinion.

While this car was not cheap the economy has taken it's toll on the value of these cars, while the aftermarket has not come down in price. I paid about the same price or less as a high quality glass body and significantly less than the repro steel bodies. Plus it has a frame and a 33 title.

The nice thing about these cars in a traditional build is they patina with use and don't lose value because of it...a corvette wears with use and loses value because of it.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (4)

[/quote]I like the late 30's Chevy's but I wanted no fenders and nothing looks better than 33-34 ford in my opinion.

While this car was not cheap the economy has taken it's toll on the value of these cars, while the aftermarket has not come down in price. I paid about the same price or less as a high quality glass body and significantly less than the repro steel bodies. Plus it has a frame and a 33 title.

The nice thing about these cars in a traditional build is they patina with use and don't lose value because of it...a corvette wears with use and loses value because of it.[/quote]

The 33-34 Ford 3w Coupe is the ultimate street rod body, better than a '32 IMO. I liked my Chevy Coupe a lot but the Ford is the winner.
Aquiring a real one with a title signifcantly more important. Cheaper than a repro too. Life is good.........
Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Netherlands | Der Maulwurf

My Photos: (1296)

Nice! And all steel too

Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
United States |

My Photos: (11)

I want one with this nose