Please help!!!!!!!

Raybe

I have American Torque Thrust T-70R 5 spokes on my car, the rears have a 1/4 aluminum drilled to fit spacer to give my tire some room so when the wheels are mounted I don't have much stud to keep the wheel on....this is a problem ,I don't want the rim to fall off. I have looked on Corvette Forum posts claiming they can replace the studs by drilling a hole in the brake dust shield, I am installing 2.5 inch ones so I can use my rims. Has anyone done this before? I really don't want to take the trailing arm off to get the studs installed because I will have to replace the bearings, seals, etc..so if anyone can shed some light on this subject please do so!:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

Last edited:
I think it can be done but you will have to find studs with exactly the same knurl diameter.

I have American Torque Thrust T-70R 5 spokes on my car, the rears have a 1/4 aluminum drilled to fit spacer to give my tire some room so when the wheels are mounted I don't have much stud to keep the wheel on....this is a problem ,I don't want the rim to fall off. I have looked on Corvette Forum posts claiming they can replace the studs by drilling a hole in the brake dust shield, I am installing 2.5 inch ones so I can use my rims. Has anyone done this before? I really don't want to take the trailing arm off to get the studs installed because I will have to replace the bearings, seals, etc..so if anyone can shed some light on this subject please do so!:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

BBShark already answered your question, but I'm curious. What is the interference/rubbing point in the fenderwell that an additional quarter inch solves the problem? Frame, bodywork, trailing arm,???

Do you need a 1/4"? My Western wheels just scraped the rear brakes. So I am running 1/8" spacers. I tried 1/4" but was also unconfortable with the thread engagement. The difference was enough that I believe there is adequate engagement on the threads with 1/8". George

Well I already got into it by taking the rotor/caliper off, cut the studs........so now I'm ready to drill but a little gun shy to so this......I need more assurance!:suicide:

Before I drilled them - I'd make a quick trip to the auto parts store to see if they had a loaner tool to press them out. :idea:
Hate to get a bad drilling going and mess up the rotor.

Good luck :beer:

Cheers - Jim